Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: my first sites

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am a student and these are my very first sites. one is my class project and the other is for a friend, done for experience....what are your thoughts...Im looking to improve

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well they're not bad for first sites. They lack some subtlety in design although you're well on your way.
    Invisions is too green IMHO - wrong shade perhaps. It has some coding errors - not really xhtml . It is however a very clear site, and you use styles and divs which is a good start.
    Locke Kennels - the flashing banner is annoying, I'm afraid, especially if someone has a headache as I do at the moment. Nice idea with the paws bg, perhaps you should remove the vertical silver stripes?
    Also, keep the bg the same for each page. On bulldogs the bg is different - also it's obvious where the tiles join, you should make them seamless. Choose one background and stick with it. I thought the paws one was cute. Edit - use external css.
    Again, the site is very clear and easy to read, you have made some imaginative grahipical rollovers.
    The code also has a lot of errors.
    In both the sites the coding has a lot of errors such as "there is no attribute" this and that, indicating you want to bring your code up to date to current xhtml standards.

Not bad though for first sites Not bad at all :ninja:.

Member #
    I thank you for taking the time to review my work I have been working very hard to learn to code. I plan on adressing the things you pointed out, got my hands full with other classes and all. but thanks again

Member #
    nothing much to comment in this site since i'm also new in web designing.. i love the combination of black, white and green... not bad for your first site...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by christech4000
    I have been working very hard to learn to code.
    It just takes a little time to get it xhtml validated, that's all. Judst chip away a bit at a time.

Member #
    got cha ;-)

Member #
    are there any free validators you can lead me to

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    http://validator.w3.org/

If you work in Firefox (which you really should be doing) - you look at "view > page source" - once you've got the page source there's a menu tab called "HTML validator" - with "W3 validation" - this will get the page tested with the above w3 validator.

Also - if you work in Firefox (which you really should be doing) - add on an extension called "html tidy" - then you can see at a glance down the bottom right of your screen whether there are errors.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Remove Ads