Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    I posted here before, aksing you about what do you think about my site design and i got many comments. Thanks!
    Now the project is finished and I would like to know what do you think about anything there (the design, the content, suggestions or anything else). So please tell me what do you think.
    Thanks.

The site

Member #
    You should add links in the portfolio page instead of just the banners. The buttons also get this weird grey border around the left and right edges when I click on them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Overall, I like it. The colour scheme is nice, and the look is simple. It's also a quick load (always a plus).

The only two things that I'd do to that site are use a smaller font for the text portion (the large Verdana font is just a bit cartoonish IMHO) and use regular image menu buttons and mouseovers instead of Flash ones. Otherwise, the entire site won't get indexed by search engines (very key.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    OK I will try to work on the menu. Will the flash on the services page cause that the site wont get indexed too?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yes and no. If you change the menus as I suggested before, the page will get indexed, but none of the text within the Flash will. According to the search engines, it will be a page containing graphics and nothing else. This means that when people go to find your site, they won't be able to find it using that particular page.

For those of you who have noticed that Flash does generate comment tags with the embedded text contained within as a non-Flash alternative, most if not all of the major search engines ignore comment tags due to the number of people who use them to "stuff keywords" into them to try and manipulate their rankings. It's not a bad idea to use comment tags to push it a little bit, but not exclusively.

Text content is key.

I repeat, text content is key.

For the benefit of those who missed it the first two times, text content is key.

I hope that makes some more sense, oranhir.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yes, thanks a lot for explaining all that.

Member #
    Good site.

The only bits I don't like is the buttons grey areas (Which were mentioned) and the grey dividing bit between the main logo and the body of the site. Apart from that its great...

Member #
    hmmm... I dont see all those gray things .. weird

Member #
    I agree with what Game has said, and my only other comment is about the banner: it's kind of tall, with not alot in it. If you were to take out the globe, you could probably cut the banner's height almost in half. So, what I would reccommend is resizing the globe so it's roughly the same height as the text, and then sizing your banner around that. Also, you may want to take the word "cheap" out of your banner. I understand what you're trying to say, but the first word I see on your site after the name is "Cheap...". Low-cost may be a nice alternative

Remove Ads