Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,
    I'm a new member to this forum, and was wondering if anyone could take a look at a website I designed for a hobby of mine before going to university using HTML in Dreamweaver and I used flash for my logo.

I'm aware that there may be some dead links, I'll be doing a complete overhaul of the website soon, and wondered if there is anything I could improve before I did so.

I'm very proud of this website (my first), but still, any and all feedback would be very appreciated.

Thanks, Sam

Member #
    Maiden eh?

Generally splash screens do not go down too well with visitors, why not have the main focus of your website right there when visitors first navigate to your website?

Also, if you are going to have a splash screen and have your main content on a different page, please name the other (or any) file in lowercase, thats a pet peev of mine.

The rest are little things

1: the <title> of splash page, edit that
    2: consider removing the counter to your page, as when I visit a website I personally do not seek out that information, and I cannot see why anyone else would
    3: Learn CSS and validate
    4: the trading text is too in your face.

Get the website up to scratch (the menu navigation is different on various pages.

Member #
    Thank you for the feedback bfsog. The splash screen was put it when I learnt Flash and wanted to show off (I was young :nervous.
    Done what else you pointed out, it was things like that i wanted to know, stuff I wouldn't had thought of. Also, thanks again for the links, the CSS link in particular looks very useful.

Sam

Remove Ads