Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

One is an article based site, and I know the articles suck to read because of the page format. It's being changed, as soon as I figure out a way to keep it of a similar style but with a larger text area, the other is a site I'm making for a credit repair service. The content on it is still really rough, but that is the basic design that they like.
    The url's are http://www.skragglies.com, and http://www.finestonlinecreditrepair.com

Member #
    Unfortunately the ad's in your first site complete destroy any creditability for your web design site.

From the first site though I would say you have some have some design potential and thus think you could do a bit better for the second site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    Unfortunately the ad's in your first site complete destroy any creditability for your web design site.

From the first site though I would say you have some have some design potential and thus think you could do a bit better for the second site.
    I'm thinking of adding a sub domain that all traffic for the webdesign will go to. The ads are the only source of revenue I have for the new age site, and well, I need to eat.

Member #
    On mouseover the navigation text disappears. I'd fix that. Also, do you really want to use a different font for each link?

I don't think it's a good idea to include this text on your web design page:

"If you've shopped around you know that a professional web design team usually charges around $2,000.00. I don't charge that much because I don't want to rip someone off. I'm not saying they do, I'm just saying I don't."

In my opinion, it does look as though you are suggesting that other designers/developers rip off people, and it makes you look unprofessional.

I like the look of the brown column, but I don't think the two greens compliment it.

Just FYI, but you do know about sites that supply similar information, such as the Skeptics Dictionary and Quack Watch?

I'm a skeptic too.

Edited to add that I'm only talking about the skeptic site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by skragglies
    I'm thinking of adding a sub domain that all traffic for the webdesign will go to. The ads are the only source of revenue I have for the new age site, and well, I need to eat.
    Hosting costs hardly remove food from the dinner table. If they do you really need to consider moving to a different host. Anyway, i'm sure if you styled the ad's a little to fit with your site they wouldn't be so obvious.

I should probably point out that google search doesn't work on your site. You have an article on plants. I have searched for plants, patty's plants and even 'article1'. Nothing found. All that search bar is doing is showing users the exit door.

$2000 is frequently charged by professional teams. What are getting for that, a content management system, some flash work, custom logo, a very sweet website design and some work with SEO?

While I doubt there are many full time web design agencies who still create static .html pages. If they did the cost would be no where near $2000.

Los Angeles, California, United States of America
    Member #
    Going to agree with Beiji here... personally I take offense that you would take a potshot at people who charge that much for a site when it's their main source of income and if you do the math well... you can't even live off of ramen and live in a cardboard box if the market were to have a pricepoint like you were suggesting.
    But other than that, you definitely should have an ad-free design site, and maybe a personal blog or something where you could better incorporate the google ads because right now they're the header, footer, and mid-content distractors on your site.

On a more serious note please consider alternate text for your links... which are currently picture-only. Anyways, have a good one.

Member #
    Thank you so much for the feedback. Looks like I've got some things to think about.
    I reread the $2000 part on the design page, and yeah, I do admit it was written a lot more offensively than I had intended. I apologize for that. It was written out of personal experience. I got ripped off by an actual reputable design company. So, anyway, sorry.

Remove Ads