Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: here here

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://home.wideopenwest.com/%7Ejricha40/tradstory.htm

here is a link...for some reason on my browser everything looks fine...friends tell me ont he otherhand that the text overlaps. I think it is because i use layers, i guess theya re bad but i dont know how to use tables correctly. If youg uys could just look at it and tell me if it overlaps or not would be great... also if you could mention your resolutiont hat we would be helpul as well. If it is overlapping is there anyway to fix this while still using layers. Foe some reason the type size gets bigger and more spaced out but i cant understand why it looks good on my browswer though...any help would be greatly appreciataed. Thanks

Member #
    I saw this problem happen the other day in this thread: while holding the CRTL key, move your mouse's scroll wheel up and down. If you don't have a scroll wheel, in IE go to: View --> Text Size and move it up and down. Playing with this reproduced the problem your friends were describing. I believe defining the text's size using CSS fixed this problem.

Member #
    Hi Scott.

I am using my laptop at the moment and am running at a 1024 x 768 resoultion.

Your site has no overlaps using IE 5.5, but unless you have the window maximized there is horizontal scrolling. In other words, your site is at a fixed 1024 pixel width. You may want to look into making a the site a little more collapsing friendly, but that is personal choice.

Cheers,
    Roller

Member #
    Oh now I get what you are describing. Thanks Spluff

Not sure you can get around that problem using pixel placed layers.

Cheers,
    Roller

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    scott, what animation companies are you applying to?
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Companies i applied to

I havent been able to apply to many because i just finished my reel and website. Last week i sent a link and my resume to a local compny here in michigan that does standard 3d stuff, texturing, modeling, lighting etc.

I also plan on sending my reel to blizzard entertainment seing as how i did the logo animatin for them. I knwo my stuff isnt on par with theirs whatesoeevr but i figured it wouldnt hurt to copy my reel and send it you know

Remove Ads