Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys I just finished my site, but I'm having a few problems with Internet Explorer. I posted this problem in the CSS forum but i figured I'd post it here as well to see if more viewers see it and have a suggestion.

Anyways in firefox it should load fine and most IE will load it fine, some though stretch images in a funky way. If you know why let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it.

And about the site..check it out if you are confused, it's a good read and it would make a good gift for the holidays Let me know what you think. :classic:

(this is actually a revision of the older site, which was launched 2 weeks ago. I had to simplify some things. fyi)

Member #
    I had a look at your site and I must say it looks very interersting!....

Which IE are you having problems with? IE5, IE6 or IE7 ?

I would like to help you

James
    http://www.jamesadsett.co.uk

Member #
    Ok I think i fixed the image problem. I just deleted all height and width attributes from all images and they seem to load fine. Not sure if that's good or bad but it works so I'm going with it. Someone care to test it out on their IE, any version, and let me know?

Member #
    The concept of the website seems very odd to me, but thats a whole other issue.

What images do you have problems with? The dimensions of clouds.jpg are 780 by 340 so specifying them as that should not be a problem.

Note that you should give your images their dimensions.

Member #
    I mean I figured it out, for some reason when I put the dimensions in they distort, when i leave them out they load perfect. All my images are sized correctly when I make them though so I don't know why I need those tags anyways.

Member #
    Mainly to help the browser, giving the browser the dimension will speed up rendering.

Giving the dimensions assigns the space the image needs while the page is downloaded. If you do not, some text and/or other elements will "jump" around as the true size of an image becomes known.

Member #
    Any idea why then when i deleted they loaded correctly? I'm on cable internet so I don't think its an issue about how fast they were loading.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Neat idea.

Member #
    oh my god... is that real?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Solid Gold,

Let's not forget that religious discussion is not allowed on WDF, nor are personal attacks.

Furthermore, the idea is not much different in concept than the 16th century sale of Indulgences by the Catholic Church, maybe with a little "Own your own Star" thrown in. The site is likely a social commentary based on those events and the present-day worship of money and the seeming belief that we can buy just about anything rather than a sincere attempt to fool people into believing they can buy Heaven (whatever each of us may believe Heaven to be).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads