Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Iíd appreciate critique/feedback on http://www.cellocelli.com . It's still evolving but is in good working order now. The siteís primary focus is ecommerce (sheet music & audio coming soon) and a bit of artist promotion.
    Thanks for any wise thoughts!
    Derek

Member #
    I really like the colors. Great combination. Appropriate for mood.
    I'm not feeling the logo.
    Why is the main nav buried on the bottom of the page?
    I do not like it when sites automatically play the music, even if it's to sell the music.
    Interesting div-table layout. I think I said that last time, yea? Why the tables?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Aesthetically pleasing, I don't get a clear focus for the site. The layout doesn't provide a visual hierarchy and visual flow. The eye doesn't know where to start on the page and isn't provided a visual path for moving through layout elements.

And I second the bottom nav comment: Why?

You need to provide a singular objective for each page. One objective for each page. An objective can be to assist different user types to self-identify and get to a second page which caters to a specific user task. That second page should be a destination page.

In other words, the site doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up. Develop a focus for the site and you'll get a better idea what each page of the layout has to do to accomplish that purpose.

Member #
    Why the tables?
    Couldnít find a better way that allowed for the look that I wanted (spend MANY hours trying though). The rest of the site is done basically with css but couldnít make the home page work. There still are some issues, but Iím I have no design training and this is the best that I could work out.

Nav on the bottom
    I understand this concern. . The nav at the bottom isnít intended to be the main nav but I can see that as being confusing on the home pg. Originally the index page was just a flash graphic and once you entered the site you see the main nav in a traditional spot at the top of a page. I radically changed the home page to be full of content to help with search engines. I guess I am thinking of it more as the front page of a newspaper with headlines - click a headline and enter the site

You need to provide a singular objective for each page.
    I agree. I think that once you get past the Ďheadlinesí page that this is true. No?

I also agree that the focus of the site is a bit all over. It was originally intended to be a home for all of the things that I do professionally as a musician. The main ecommerce focus being the sale of sheet music and recordings (coming soon), but all the other areas relate.

I'm not feeling the logo.
    The logo area on the home page I am planning on using as advertising space for featured products (i.e. a series of educational summer workshops, or featured sheetmusic). I think that Iím sticking with the actual logo, because I kind of like it, havenít come up with anything better, and have begun using it in advertising.

Thanks for the feedback!

Member #
    30 seconds on your website, don't understand the purpose, cannot find an about page... got bored and left.

I like the design though

Member #
    30 seconds on your website, don't understand the purpose, cannot find an about page... got bored and left.
    so what are you saying? yes, an 'about' page would be helpful.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnyder
    so what are you saying? yes, an 'about' page would be helpful.
    My main issue is that it has "source for alternative cello music" at the top. This suggests what the site is about... but then I am baffled by the following.

Store/meet the artists/school/book musicians/video tutorials/recording services. The homepage simply has no focus. What is the primary focus of the website, why have I just come here. Its just not answered on the home page.

Furthermore the page title could do with some work.

Member #
    get some info on what the site is about
    nav. is at the bottom on the page!...move up...
    get more xciting colors

Remove Ads