Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all! back again! :-)

this site passes w3C loose html 4.01 for all but flash component...

Some people are reporting a loading "problem"...

It would be great to have some feedback on loading and general feedback too...

Many thanks -Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Hagen! Long time no see.

Loaded fine in FF2. In IE6, I got a white page with a <title> but when I viewed source, it was all there. No error indicated, just a white page.

As far as the FF version (the one I can see) here are my thoughts:
    - Something about the green is bothering me. I think it's the wrong shade. And, btw, I love green, it's my favorite color
    - The graphics do not blend well with the content. It looks like they were added as opposed to incorporated.
    - "Read More" "Don't Panic" "Contact TVPS" and any other such buttons, should be treated the same as far as their position, and independently of the content. Right now they are at the end of whatever sentence. I am proposing they all line up, either below the content on a new line or on the right hand side, so these high-lit points are all on the same meridian.
    - Contact TVPS (header) with content Contact TVPS = redundant
    - Some of the nav items do not need anything in the subnav: Financial Support, Location, Contact
    - Services list on the left is not consistent with the other margins/padding on the page.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi DCScene, I have been very busy which is great! :-)

I have added a temporary static version of the flash header can you please let me know if that has eliminated the IE6 loading problem??

I had 2 instances of flash side by side could that have been causing the problem? Is there a way to handel multiple instances that I need to know about?

Yeah I have a problem with the green too! Unfortunanely they are company colours... Their original site was green, gold and black, so progress has been made!

All sounds good will get too it! Menu redundancy fixed...

- Please elaborate on the graphics not blending well, do you mean the photos in the side panes? or just pictures in the text generally? Or something else?

Cheers -Hagen

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hagen
    I have added a temporary static version of the flash header can you please let me know if that has eliminated the IE6 loading problem??

I had 2 instances of flash side by side could that have been causing the problem? Is there a way to handel multiple instances that I need to know about?
    I still have a blank page. Two instances shouldn't be an issue, but I'm no Flash expert, so maybe someone else will have a better answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagen
    - Please elaborate on the graphics not blending well, do you mean the photos in the side panes? or just pictures in the text generally? Or something else?
    The photos in the side panes. I mean, I get it... the gavel with the auction, the orange volunteer (I don't suppose you're a University of Tennessee fan with that address of yours?) but it looks like the graphics were added as an afterthought, and not incorporated into the design. Maybe have the text superimposed on the graphic or some other visual connection between the photo and the words.
    Shani

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    brilliant I get it all now!...

I have chopped absolutely every thing I can see could confuse a browser (to the detrement of some of the functionality for now...)

Please can you tell me if it loads with IE6??

Thanks -Hagen

Member #
    It is loading in IE6.
    Shani

Remove Ads