Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New Site,
    Critique Appreciated

Graphic and Web Site Development by XtremeDezigns.com

(Business has already made a transaction from a family thats out of state of the businesses location)

Thanks,
    MC

Member #
    The site is somewhat information poor. You can start with something called a Unique Selling Proposition -- what makes your product uniquely compelling. For example, what about beef "jerky"? Is this the same, very different, and how do the two compare? Have you studied whether people search for beef jerky when using search engines and how many?

I have nothing against basic sites. Often the lack of fussing about code allows stakeholders to get down to what's between the <p> tags -- well-written content is all too rare.

Unfortunately, this site didn't do that. Not only is the top page skimpy on copy, the blurbs for individual products on the catalog page are non existent. They do not help anyone who is not an expert insider (like an employee or the CEO) to understand what the products are or which one to buy.

In comparison check out some of the copy on the sit for Laura's lean beef. Rather than trite, huckster copywriting, the reader gets the idea somebody had enough enthusiasm to study the product and write about it.

Not enough site understand the reader isn't an expert in their product, and needs to know why they shouldn't just leave the site. You don't provide that basic information.

In the final analysis, having a web site that doesn't communicate effectively is like using an expensive, sophisticated rocket to put a brick into orbit.

Yeah you could do it. ....but what on earth would be the point?!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856
    The site is somewhat information poor. You can start with something called a Unique Selling Proposition -- what makes your product uniquely compelling. For example, what about beef "jerky"? Is this the same, very different, and how do the two compare? Have you studied whether people search for beef jerky when using search engines and how many?

I have nothing against basic sites. Often the lack of fussing about code allows stakeholders to get down to what's between the <p> tags -- well-written content is all too rare.

Unfortunately, this site didn't do that. Not only is the top page skimpy on copy, the blurbs for individual products on the catalog page are non existent. They do not help anyone who is not an expert insider (like an employee or the CEO) to understand what the products are or which one to buy.

In comparison check out some of the copy on the sit for Laura's lean beef. Rather than trite, huckster copywriting, the reader gets the idea somebody had enough enthusiasm to study the product and write about it.

Not enough site understand the reader isn't an expert in their product, and needs to know why they shouldn't just leave the site. You don't provide that basic information.

In the final analysis, having a web site that doesn't communicate effectively is like using an expensive, sophisticated rocket to put a brick into orbit.

Yeah you could do it. ....but what on earth would be the point?!
    Nah dude... I completely agree with you. How ever I tried convincing my client to do so but it wasn't effective. You see these people are very computer illiterate and aren't enligsh speaking for that matter. I could only use what they gave me and I had to work the best with what I could. Thanks though =D

Remove Ads