Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Heya

I posted over there a while back about a new site i'm working on. Well.. here's the first couple of ideas i've had for you to see/rip apart/like/dslike/worship/burn etc.. comments are appreciated.

BTW The colour of the posts and some other stuff will be something that a user can select for themselves out of a list [all their posts will then change to that colour].. lime green doesn't go that well there but I'm trying to make a point lol

Anyway

Any comments appreciated as ever!

Ollie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    and another..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I like the layouts, but personally I'd like to see some brighter colors on there. I suppose for an outdoors forum, earthy tones are appropriate, that's probably why I wouldn't visit an Xtreme Outdoors board (or the real outdoors for that matter :ichatangel: ) Other than that, nice stuff.

Member #
    Very well put together. Only suggestion I would make is to reduce the amount of negative space on the site for a little more balance and recude the font size a notch or two.

Cheers,
    Roller

Member #
    I would suggest toning down the brightness of the lime green. Otherwise it looks very nice.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd go with the first layout because of the earthy tones (it suits the theme of the site) and reduce the font size by at least 33%. You may also want to take out the antialiasing on the font so that we can see how it actually would look as a layout.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for the replies evryone!

@ Spluff:
    I'm going to try out some slightly brighter colours eventually I think - i'm mainly saving bright colours for the stuf thats really important and needs to stand out.

@Roller:
    ty - i design on a huaage resolution (there goes my eye sight!) and I haven't really had a chance to test it on smaller monitors. I guess im used to negative space - the actual content for WDF only fills about a third of the screen.

@ ryan:
    The colour of the posts and some other stuff will be something that a user can select for themselves out of a list [all their posts will then change to that colour].. lime green doesn't go that well there but I'm trying to make a point lol
    @theGame:
    I have ClearType on on XP so it looks how it would do on the site for me - although that's a good point - if i produce any more mocks in the future i'll bear that in mind. Re the font sizes i'm not particularly fussed about getting the non fireworks stuff sorted yet (eg the actual 'code') but i agree that is gonna b a prob - i might post a link to a dummy 'site' later this weekend if i get the time.

Cheers all

Ollie

Member #
    OH and game, they're both parts of the same layout - just different pages in the site.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I'd suggest changing the font of body of the page to something standard, like arial/helvetica/verdana. Not everyone has Century Gothic installed. And you don't want any ugly substitution done by IE.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    I'll prolly keep it as Century Gothic, but put the fonts in an 'array' (I don't know if thats the right word to use here) eg Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, so that IE will find something that looks half decent.

Ollie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads