Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone first post on this board.
    I am a programmer with a bit of graphic design knowledge (a dangerous thing). This is the first project i have worked with a designer for the graphics. I think he has nearly got it but there is something that isn't quite right. I am not really sure what to tell my designer to get it bang on.
    i would be grateful if anyone could tear it apart and tell me whats wrong. Don't mince words now give it to me.
    The site is for a muscular dystrophy charity, focusing on support for parents and the young boys it afflicts.
    there isn't much content and there might be a few errors please ignore that.

address:http://www.parentprojectuk.org
    thank you

toby

JR
    Member #
    hey welcome to the board toby...

i think you should ditch the splash screen and have the site in a normal window, because there is an increase in pop-up blockers (including one built in to AOL 8 now)

overall i think it looks good, some nice graphic (and programming) work there

good job
    JR

Member #
    I have some javascript that will sit in that splash screen and detect whether or not the client has a popup killer or not. If they do the site will open in a normal window.
    Can i ask what resolution your computer is set to

AOL whats that?? never heard of it

JR
    Member #
    my computer's resolution is 800x600...

AOL is America on Line... a (crappy) internet service provider who took microsoft to court recently so they could use microsoft technology i think.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I really don't think you can detect a popup blocker. There are thousand of them, from plain window killers to script filtering proxy types. And javascript does not have access to process list on a computer to determiŽ ºšhat way.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Nice site! but it seems to work very slow to me! it took me while to load the site
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

JR
    Member #
    still, i think you should get rid of the splash, it is very plain and offers no function whatsoever
    JR

Member #
    Yes i need to speed the whole thing up. At the moment the whole drop down menu bar is generated from scratch every time you visit a page. I am going to change that so it writes the necessary code from the database to a file. this should speed things up a bit.
    Anyone else find it slow?

I'll figure out the programming problems, it is really the design i am interested in.

the splash screen is necessary to create the pop-up window and it will be jazzed up eventually. The client is very adement on having the site in a browser window with no menu bars/staus bars and at a size that fits in a 800x600 display
    I really like it too, a bit different from the norm

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Everything is getting shifted around for me because of a PHP Header error. I can't really give a good opinion of the design until that's fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ah, nevermind... i clicked a link and now can see it. I'm not a big fan of iframes, but this is a pretty good looking monochromatic site. I like the graphic work you did Just needs some fine-tuning and you're there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads