Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've just gotten started on a site for Shiawassee County Child abuse prevention council. I currently have a mockup in an image file that I working on. I am open to suggestions for any improvement on the design aspect of it. I plan on incorperating a drop down menu so I didn't spend to much time on the buttons as I will have to redo them in css anyways.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeverd01
    I've just gotten started on a site for Shiawassee County Child abuse prevention council. I currently have a mockup in an image file that I working on. I am open to suggestions for any improvement on the design aspect of it. I plan on incorperating a drop down menu so I didn't spend to much time on the buttons as I will have to redo them in css anyways.
    Hi jeverd01,
    Somehow the red-on-black doesnt convince me. If you are designing a web on child protection, how about using more neutral, child-colors, like light blue, light-ish colors? Or are you looking for an enforceable look? Police-ish? I would like to see a working example of it, otherwise I can't really comment much more on it. Is the main audience of your website older people with older screens, or vision impairment? I'm refering to the 800x600 look of your web. If that is the main audience then keep it that way, but if it is for modern families (families with children) you might consider expanding the width.
    Good job on the design aspect though, I'd revise the colors.

Member #
    I second Enriquan, colors must be changed.

Perhaps you could find an online color schemer and chose one scheme in the pastel tones.

I like this tool.

The "Together we can stop the abuse" box on the top right seems off the flow of the design. I'd rework that one.

Keep it up.

Remove Ads