Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

EDIT: Thanks!

I am 21, and a political science major at the university, so as you can imagine, I know nothing about web design. So, all in all, this is my first major attempt to delve into your world, (with a little help from my father).

My first major problem, is browser compatibility. I don't understand why the heck the divs with the pictures in them won't go all the way down in Firefox as it does in Internet Explorer. Can somebody help me? Just point me to some (GOOD) guides, or maybe take a look at the code.

Second, I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver CS3, Sothink DHTML Menu 7.3, and most of the CS3 Suite to develop these pages (Flash CS3 as well.) But I need to know about font compatibility as well, and how to pretty-up my site; I did get "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design" by Jason Beaird, but I would like more input on how to make my website come alive.

By mentioning Dreamweaver, I hope you understand that I am employing extensive use of templates.

And last of all, what do you think? What do you recommend?
    (Some links (3) are not working yet, as I've yet to make the pages that belong there)

I really need to make the homepage seem like a homepage, any ideas?

Member #
    Hi,
    Before i begin.. that site is too beautiful!
    Wish i was a roman catholic -!

For this, " My first major problem, is browser compatibility." I can help u with this URL, pls chk.
    http://www.netmechanic.com/cgi-bin/p...ctures+in+them +won%27t+go+all+the+way+down+in+Firefox+as+it+does +in+Internet+Explorer.&x=0&y=0

and for your second, "I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver CS3, Sothink DHTML Menu 7.3, and most of the CS3 Suite to develop these pages (Flash CS3 as well.) But I need to know about font compatibility as well, and how to pretty-up my site; I did get "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design" by Jason Beaird, but I would like more input on how to make my website come alive. " I think this site would help :
    http://www.quirksmode.org/css/contents.html

last but not the least: " I really need to make the homepage seem like a homepage, any ideas? " for this according to me, u got to avoid too many sections that appear on the page. Or if you are sure that u cant remove them, pls see to that they are separated with same spaces; whereas now its irregular.then, the tables must have enough datas accordingly - no empty spaces.Align them all properly by bringing the images to one side and the infos 2 other..

With these i know it will look awesome:classic:

Hoping these were useful to you... cheers!

Remove Ads