Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My current site is raptureimage.com. I want to have a more flash based site with a more creative feel. So I came up with this:
    raptureimage.com/jahova.html
    Let me know all your thoughts.
    Thanks.

Member #
    The "off kilter" positioning of elements causes some dissonance with the statement of perfection, and so does the misaligned >get quote< and portfolio scrapbook overlay. (Viewing the site in IE and Moz, I guess the promise of perfection doesn't extend to cross-browser compatibility of the layout) Lack of capitalization is also a bit 'off kilter' when matched with the term perfection, torn off corners, paper clipped notes, etc.

Frankly the theme of the layout symbolizes one thing, the promise of perfection conjures different imagery. The Result: Brand dissonance.

When you're using the word "brand" it helps to understand theming coherency. This assists the reader who has come to quickly understand most people using the word don't understand what branding means in the slightest.

I wouldn't harp on this, but that's barely the only scrap of text on the site. An imperfect situation for giving SE spiders something to chew on, alas.

There's no Unique Selling Proposition, copy, or consistency of communication to go along with the "pardon my mess" theme. But that's the old site.

In contrast, the new version .....is Flash.

Another theme, much more inconsistency with elements. You've got one kind of style with the sepia background, another with the "be fruitful" color foreground, and never the twain shall meet. While I have seen "maximalism" themes the mismatch of elements suggests you haven't mastered this theme. Consequently it looks like a hodge podge.

It's also unclear there's a lot of clickable territory below the fold "I heart my clients."

The new site makes me wish the old site was the new one. "Be fruitful" doesn't even carry the kind of business relevance "We Promise Perfection" does. This seems to be a growing evolution in not being able to match any singular element used in the design to any other element. The message may be an overarching concern for design awards, but it's not about marketing.

Member #
    Thank you very much for picking my sites apart, I appreciate the time you spent to look at and critque. I will definately take your comments into consideration.

Banned
    Member #
    Why flash ?
    You don't need it ... the background is awesome ... that "flower" and the font colours just don't work. Please revise the design , it is a great start.

Remove Ads