Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

why is css structure better than table structure if the visualising the layout really doesnot make the difference. In fact the css layout we cannot have 100% width and height layouts.
    If there's a way can anyone let me knw

Member #
    You're trying to do with code what should be handled with design. Unfortunately CSS is to "style" as a fish is to a bicycle. False advertising if you ask me.

What you need to do is move from CSS replacing style to develop a visual hierarchy, which the CSS layout then supports. The problem, as I see it, comes from poor visual flow. Site elements are correctly positioned, but there is no coherency.

In other worlds, when a reader's eye attempts to negotiate the layout, you've provided no place to start and no way to rank importance or otherwise move through the content. The effect is instant visual confusion.

You need to study wireframe design and visual communication. This is what happens when it's all just code, elements are held in place by the layout, but (somehow) it just doesn't make sense.

Related Articles:

Okay what are we trying to accomplish? Information Foraging: Why Google Makes People Leave Your Site Faster explains the concept of information scent. The objective of a visual hierarchy is to supply the scent of information.

Using Wireframe Prototypes to Improve Visual Flow and Web Page Layout You'll note some immediate similarities to the Ultraedit website.

Banned
    Member #
    I like the design ... very nice.
    Easy navigation , fast loading seo optimised , good job

Remove Ads