Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I had the idea one day and pounded this out in about a week.

http://www.corkdump.com

The Idea: The idea came from other resource sites like http://alvit.de/handbook/, which is a great resource site and very popular, but I wanted to make it much easier to narrow down and find the "best" resources out of the hundreds that are there.

So what I did was create a resource site that allowed for submissions (approved by myself and a few others), once the submissions are approved, they're added to their respective category on "the board". This also will create an unlimited amount of resources that can be on the site.

How to Browse: Each category can be sorted by "Top Rated" which is based on how many people "favorited" the resource (the little heart next to it), "My Favorites" which shows you're personal favorites for that category, and "Random" which just randomizes the list to find ones you may not see right away, since it only shows 20 resources at a time.

Other Features: Another cool part of the site is that it saves a cookie, so when you come back, all of your favorites will still be saved. AND, if you lose the cookie, we give you the option of saving a "cookie-activation" link (copied and saved, or we can email it to you via a form), so that way if you ever delete your cookies, you can just load up that link and everything will be back.

Also, on the "Customize" page, you can customize the category order to display your favorite categories first.

And all this without registration or asking for your information. I wanted ANYONE who comes to the site to be able to use the features to their full advantage.

Let me know what you think, guys!

Thanks!
    - Justin Scheetz

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I like it! Nice design BTW.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Great idea... posting summary/links to other resources is a great way to quickly generate content/value in a site, because it doesn't take long to get up and running!

You may eventually want to include a digg-style rating system so when you're overloaded with content, you'll have more advanced sorting of content to be easier.

Again, great, simple idea, great execution! I think you'll be very successful with it!

Best of luck!

Member #
    Thanks very much for your comments, glad you like it!
    - Justin Scheetz

Remove Ads