Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

What do you think of my site, I am new in the game so let me know even if you think its is total crap I need to know, thanks! Any feedback on the style, brand as well as the name?

or :ermm: or :disappointed:

Regards,
    Ryan

Member #
    If your brand is being completely indistinguishable from 50,000 or so web designers -- business camouflage -- then it's okay.

Aesthetics, especially the glossy futuristic aesthetic -- isn't particularly a fresh new idea. One dimensional aesthetic-centered sites do not a branding effort making. It might be an advertisement for the common trap people trying to brand make, but that's about it.

The text layout is the weak point. There is no hierarchy, which causes poor readability and visual flow. The eye doesn't know where to go in the layout because you haven't provided proper visual hinting through the use of properly sized headlines and subheads.

Rather the design reads like a funhouse mirror with the "looky ...I discovered PhotoShop" graphics at the center of the fisheye lens.

Clearly text based content is in the back seat in this design. That's a bit unbalanced, which is fine if that's what you meant to telegraph with this design.

Branding reality is people have been on the web a while. They're starting to be able to "read" design, almost as clearly as if it were text. As a designer, you have to understand the visual language of what your site communicates.

Finally, there is brand awareness, which is different from brand preference. People can see a site, be aware of the logo -- and go and buy from a competitor. The site doesn't stop the web surfer. Nor does it compel one to dig deeper into the site.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback, appriciate it.

Remove Ads