Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello!
    I have just finished my first web page for my father. This web page is about chameleons, phelsumas and lygodactylus. I am curious, if my web page is good or bad designed. Opinion and rating from 1 to 10 would be nice.

Member #
    Lots of tutorials and free sample templates sites are availbale. If you want to collect these information from any of these sites and analyse it.

Member #
    Looks good! Nothing spectacular but solid. The Úvod header on the home page looks pixilated, as if you made the image larger. Videa and Kontakt look the same way. You might want to recreate those images. Good first site! About a 7.
    2Shea Creative Graphic Design

Dull pencils make dull drawings

Member #
    Well as first timer,I think your site is good..I'll give you 8
    but one thing about you button,i think the color should should be contrast to you bg color,or lighter to darker,darker to lighter,my proff. once told me "avoid using buttons if you dont know how to pick a good color/color combination"
    but the whole site is good..Good Luck!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Header - I would generally avoid having your title centrally aligned as it creates an unbalanced looking page. Top left, which is where the eye starts reading, seems unnecessarily empty. The visually impaired might also have issues reading it where it is at present as the contrast between the words and the background is not that great. You've also got a black (table?) border that cuts straight across the "overhang" of this header left of the navigation which looks rather odd.

Heading/Subheading Images - eg. "Chamelioni" - if you've got images conveying information what mustn't you ever forget? ALT TAGS! Make sure they're there, they're not at present :-)

Underlines on headings - consider whether you want underlines on headings. Whereas in printed text underlines are commonly used in the web world they are often taken to denote hyperlinks. Use of bold (or bolder, even) for headings is more common.

Width - I would personally tend to optimise for 1024x768 now, as such a small percentage of users (it was 6% in January, probably now more like 3-4%) still use 800x600. On wide browsers your site looks very very narrow indeed.

Galerie - the blue border around the images is inconsistent with the look of the site. It's probably put on automatically because you've made the images hyperlinks. Either define the border colour explicitly (using CSS) or add a "border=0" to the img tags.

Kontact - be wary of putting your e-mail address on the site. Very easy for site crawlers to harvest it and before you know it you're drowning in SPAM. Better to have a contact form with the e-mail address stored on the server-side (ie. avoid <input type="hidden" name="to-email" value="email@domain.com"> type things which are equally capable of being harvested).

Sean

Member #
    As far as u can understand with the site was the fact that the design is good but i didn't understand the language so i cannot rate you on contect imlementation..But colours are cool...

Regards,
    Julia

Member #
    Not that bad for a newcomer site. The banner is perhaps a little busy...the collage effect is characteristic, seemingly, of newcomers. A simple design adds a professional touch. That's my opinion.

There also seems to be a lot of unused space beneath the main text on the home page.

7.5/10 is my rating.

I trust that the content is relevant, correct, and spell/grammar checked.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads