Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello, I opened my site about 3 months ago and when I was designing it I was pretty much just going for a simple but nice look, and I think I mostly achieved that. The only problem is that people seem to find it a little too simple. Everyone says that the site itself is great and I've got good content and everything but the site just looks so boring. I'm really trying to think of what I can do to give it a little bit of flare and make it look more attractive, and to be honest, I'm totally stumped. Can anyone offer some suggetions? Thanks.

Member #
    Add some design/decorative elements... not something corny or contrived, something relevant, think of a way to enforce the brand. For example, an image similar to the favicon can be used as bullets for the headers throughout the page.

You could also sprinkle in more color.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Hi,

I like the faded background on top, though could be tricky if you'd decide to add more text over.

I agree with the previous comment, it needs more design elements. I would definitely add a background color to the left menu as it would balance the whole look. Perhaps with some shades of grey.

I would also try to integrate the right banner into the "frame" as it looks totally off the design.

Keep it up

Member #
    Is it just me, or does Mario stick out like a sore thumb in that banner line up?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I agree, Mario isn't in keeping with the other characters... he needs to be less bright or they need to be more bright...

The black text on the banner is hard to read... there should be more contrast... this could, perhaps, be done by putting a border on the text to separate it from the background images... the blue on black with "Search for" should also be avoided.

And lose the "Best viewed in Firefox" bit at the bottom - it's generally seen as arrogant to dictate what browser your visitors should be using. It's your job, not theirs, to ensure that the site is available in as many browsers as possible.

Sean

Remove Ads