Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: how's it look?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

just curious.

a few things to keep in mind. I'm amiture, it's a personal portfolio/page, I like dark colors, and I enjoy seeing/creating enter pages.

thanks to anyone who posts.

Member #
    Hi There,

Now you say its a personal portofolio page, the only problem is, when I entered it, I didnt have a clue what I was supposed to do.

I think you need to do an introduction, as straight you launch into your new look 'Japan' (which is great by rhe way). For a new customers its like your expecting them to have been before. I would do an introduction about what the page is about.

Kind regards
    Neil

Member #
    I think it is a very nice design, but like webformatique, I had no idea what to do until I had experimented with the frame a couple of times.

It's natural to first click and use the scroll bar instead of using the links in the frame. But overall, very nice design.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    alright, so I added a minor welcome to page2.html ... but I'm still working on it, I'm not happy with it yet... anything else that's really bugging anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hi Jess,

I think the site uses some nice basic elements. I love the colors, the fonts, and the tree in bloom bg. But there are some things that really ruin the site for me. Primarily, the iframe... that big ugly scrollbar in the middle of the page is terrible. It really ruins the rest of the design. I think you should rethink the whole site, with a standard navigation and page loading (iframes are waaaaay out ;-)). You should also rethink all your margins. Right now, all your text looks like little metal shavings and the content box is a huge magnet. Everything's pulled in and looks off balance. Finally, some of your content needs some design. The text link tabs between photo sections should be styled, the photos themselves should have some treatment - maybe a chamfered box encapsulating the photo and caption, etc etc... everything you do to dress up the content should also complement the rest of the design. Check out www.cssremix.com for some good ideas on design. First one on the site has a similar look to yours, in fact. http://www.newconcept.hu/ :-D

Good luck!

Member #
    Smoseley said it well and its a good concept but can be executed a lot better. Few suggestions...

- Do not ask your viewers to enter your site again after they already decided they wanted to enter. get rid of the enter page
    - Get rid of the Iframe never use them better ways to do it.
    - move css to be external
    - move javascipt to be external
    - Move your menu and sub menus to one place
    - think about other ways to show off your pictures and not doing pop-ups (maybe a personal thing but I do not see it as something that should be done with all the negativity to pop ups.

I like it though so good luck

Member #
    I'm not a big fan of the right navigation, however your colors are nice.
    www.PureDezigner.com - personal portfolio

Remove Ads