Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.8 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey all, this is my website : Nottingham Web and Graphic Design

Could you let me know of any possible improvements? i will be awaiting your answers and replies.

Member #
    Loose the table-based layout, utterly bad. Same for the center tag. the baby is cute, but the layout breaks pretty badly in FF 3.0. I don't think that you need the site navigation title, your navigation should stand out enough that people can figure that out, which it doesn't at this time. Good start, but needs quite a bit of work.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Member #
    All I see is a "Suspended Page"
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    oops! thought that was your page. Sorry! though, that should probably be fixed.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Member #
    Sorry guyes, thats just been fixed! forgot to pay the hosting bill lol, it should be online now

Member #
    Much better. You're host has a really bad site.

You're the second person I've seen this month with prices on their site. I really don't get this. I usually quote by project as you never know what you're going to run in to, also what functionality the client might want that would take many extra hours that just won't fit into your price table. I'd be afraid of people complaining that your not sticking to your price guide when they want a bunch of extra stuff added.

Member #
    Found a minor design problem. In pages where the main content doesn't reasch to the bottom of the sidebar, a small bit of it is cut off. (ex. here). Anyways, I like the unifying theme of electric blue, but perhaps the body text is a bit too bright, or it's just the settings on my monitor. A good job, though.
    Amateur high school web developer. I'm at yerich.net if you want me.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    O/T: Drew, Regarding your question about pricing - My company has a price list for typical services. I created it by looking at past projects and breaking them down into standard packages that we are typically requested to create. We have a CMS package, an e-Commerce package, a forum package, a Flash intro package, and then a lot of ad hoc design items also. We only bid for hourly work on the very specialized stuff.

Member #
    My company typically does fixed quote pricing. we'll write up a proposal of what we're going to do and figure out how many hours it will take us to complete. The clients tend to like this because they know what their paying. If they want extras added to it, we'll put the extras into a phase 2 proposal. This way everything is clearly defined and we can concentrate on core functionality without having to worry about "on a whim" ideas from the client. We typically do really customized applications rather than generic ecommerce, cms, or whatever projects. It's rare that we build the same thing twice.

in fact, I've only worked for companies that do things like system integration and custom web software. Maybe that's why I don't understand why you would put your price on your site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    We do a lot of custom stuff, too, and I know what you mean - you definitely want to do detailed proposals and estimates for those. However, when quoting "cookie cutter" technology, you don't want to waste your time writing the same thing 100x over for every job you quote. You're better off revising the same basic proposal to reflect past experiences and have a fixed price with exact terms of what is included at that price. That's what customers in that market want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads