Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just published a new site for my company, can you let me know what you think?
    www.bkriegtech.net

Thanks!

Member #
    You call yourself a designer, so you will be held to a higher standard in the reviews of your site.

Really, you want me to host my site, or my clients site with you? I have to be TOTALLY honest here, and say that I wouldn't even consider using you as host for anyof my clients. Your site looks amateurish, and not like something a professional would put together. I have a few screenshots to illustrate my point.

In bkreigcontact.jpg, the form (like others on the site) looks bad because there is no padding at all around the elements, also, the select box doesn't have a border at all.

In bkreigdesign.jpg, there are 2 issues, both visible on other pages as well. The few images that you have used have the text aligned with the bottom of the image, and it doesn't look professional. Also, the lists are screwed up, and the bullets aren't within the main container.

In bkreiglogo.jpg, and bkreiglogo2.jpg, the images are cut off, and look thrown together.

With all of that said, the site looks dated (flat graphics, old school images). If you want to compete, look at some of the other popular hosts websites, even the smaller hosts have good looking websites? Why? Because a good looking website presents a professional appearance, and builds a potential customers opinion of your business. Do you think Media Temple or DreamHost would be as big as they are with crappy websites? Nod, their sites look good, and use popular styles.

Does that mean you have to go Web 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever catch-phrase, trendy, label people are using at the time? No, but using relevant styles, and decent graphics/photos (use stock photos if you have to), will go a long way in building your client base.

Now that my novel is over, I hope you don't take offense to anything that I have said, I am only critiquing your site as you have asked us to do.

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Chris pretty much confirms everything I feel. I already gave my feedback here: http://www.webdesignforums.net/showp...10&postcount=8

Now I know all of this negative feedback probably comes off as us just being harsh or mean... don't take it that way. We have no reason to be mean - we don't even know you. We're just trying to help. Your site really isn't helping you in your effort to get clients.

If you don't want to pay a lot of money for a professional design, consider just buying a template. Here are 391 "Hosting" templates that you can buy for under $100:

http://www.templatemonster.com/categ...style=&author=

Member #
    So you think I shouldn't even use that layout at all?

Member #
    The layout (column structure) is ok, I would make the body column wider, but it just needs a good polishing up, and a good secondary color.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads