Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is a new project of mine and even though I am still adding bits and pieces to the site it officially went live earlier this week.

After spending nearly a year building this site I was wondering if it was user friendly, I would appreciate any criticism about my site in order for me to improve the experience for my visitors.

Member #
    Hi Chris
    I like the overall feel of the site, but the paypal & credit card ads on the left draw away from your page content...
    I'd stay away from tables also - the dozens of lines of repetitive code you put in for the yellow block images could be done in css with:
    <div style="background:url(your_img.jpg) right repeat-y;"></div>

CSS rocks!

Also, there isn't quite enough contrast between your text & background - make the bg darker or the text lighter. Keep at it & good luck.

Member #
    adamblan

Thanks for your opinion, it is appreciated, I definitely need an outsider's opinion.

I am going to take your advice away with me and do some tweaking and will post back for a new review in a few weeks time, hopefully you'll be around to comment.

Just a note, the colour scheme is supposed to depict a summer feel, in September the colour design will change for Halloween, this will be the version I will resubmit here for you to review.

Thanks again.

Member #
    I am not sure about your headings, I think having the effect you do detracts from the content of the title. You have not optimised your images and your categories could do with enhancing.

Remove Ads