Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just re did my site a bit while moving servers, i did a lot of optimization and such, and would like to know what some opinions are on the theme. Keep in mind i will be adding more themes it just now got moved, and i have been quite busy moving other sites. SOme of the left bar options also dont work, so bear with those.

if this post in any way breaks rules please delete it and i apologize in advanced.

the url is http://tfogame.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    the oval on top could have been done better. you could make it less blocky. the icon nav is interesting. colors seem depressing. The character at the top isn't colorful.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I'm not such a big fan of the dark color scheme, but that's just me. The red text on a black background I don't like either, it's not too easy to read.

The nav on the left side is cool, but not intuative at all. I dont like to have to mouseover everything to find what I'm looking for.

Also, your banner leaves a lot of room on the right (more or less depending on your res) for some info. Even on a 1024x768 res, there's alot of extra room at the top.

Member #
    " the oval on top could have been done better. you could make it less blocky. the icon nav is interesting. colors seem depressing. The character at the top isn't colorful."

the oval is something i have been meanign to redo, most likely in a png format so it is not blocky. The characters are random refresh a few times. And the colors are the theme for my game, thought im aware of the depresing ness of it thats why im making other themes shortly. The icon nav system was made so that the nav takes only a little bit of space and for thos ewho go often it is a quick click to go where you want to.

" I'm not such a big fan of the dark color scheme, but that's just me. The red text on a black background I don't like either, it's not too easy to read.

The nav on the left side is cool, but not intuative at all. I dont like to have to mouseover everything to find what I'm looking for.

Also, your banner leaves a lot of room on the right (more or less depending on your res) for some info. Even on a 1024x768 res, there's alot of extra room at the top."

Yes as for the darkness, im workign on geting my other themes set up, the red text i actualy dont have a problem with and i use 2048 x 1536 resoulution with default text size. The mousover thing with the icons is not a problem for the frequent visitor which the site is really made for, cause they learn the icons quickly.. The space to teh right of the oval will be filled eventualy with a new feature im working on that expands from the oval.i just have not thought of the feature yet. But i have made the layout control the eys to move around that space so it does not cause a displasure to the eyes.

thank you very much for your opinons guys, it really helps, if you can find anything else wrong with them let me know, ill also let you guys know as i get new themes up so you can tell me your opinions on those.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That banner at the top is MASSIVE... it takes up so much room without getting to anything. Also your colors remind me way too much of the old utopia But like you said you're making more themes...

I guess overall I'm just not really impressed, don't get me wrong - it works, and it doesn't look terrible so it's better than average. But I don't think i like it too much.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    thanks for your honest opinion :]

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    First off, Zajako, a little FYI: your post doesn't break any rules. You're safe.

Second, I like this layout overall. For the most part it's pretty clean and a reasonably quick load (two of the things everyone on here knows I'm big on.) I think the logo is Flash Funk-y too (waits for people to clue into a relatively obscure entertainment reference.)

I have to agree with brother splufdaddy on the menus. At least put the menu items themselves (sans description) with the icons so you lose the whole "mystery meat" feel.

My only other criticism is a minor typo, where "Site Releated" should be "Site-Related".
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    "At least put the menu items themselves (sans description) with the icons so you lose the whole "mystery meat" feel."

what do you mean put the menu items with the icons, i kinda got lost to waht you mean exactly, though im glad someone actualy likes they layout

and thanks for the typo, i hate english personaly, and typos mistkes are great to be pointed out.

Member #
    I think you could have done something with the please register, I personally dont like how it is the black on top of white. I think you should make the cool TF logo, and please register text, and when you roll over it, have it glow or something. That would be more attractive. You know?

OK.

Member #
    that does sound like a good idea zeroskater.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads