Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey all,
    i'm currently designing a website on PS2 cheats and i am struggling for layout ideas.

originally i had the idea of having it set out with a top header with my banner and then a colum down the left and side for my links but it will look boring with just a sollid colour going round.

Can you tell me how to create a a border which will look good and go all the way rnd?

www.geocities.com/kirman2069/index2

above is a link to a page i created just for now while i make things etc... i would like the background to either match what i have there or just blend in well with it.. any ideas ?

thnx a lot..

ps here's the logo which is most up to date...
    :classic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    What kind of ideas are you looking for?
    What categories are you going to have in it?
    www.appletv.co.uk

Member #
    To create a border that goes around your whole page, you can put everything in a table, and then set the table to have a border. If you want a fancier border, you can make a graphic that would be the border. Then, insert a slim table cell that spans the whole table on all 4 sides, and put your graphic in there. That may be confusing, but the answer to your question is TABLES

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thnx for the reply :classic:

my site is going to be about the ps2 and only the ps2...

ideas wise i want help with layout as in how to set it out. some ppl said have a flash nav bar and others have told me to use frames etc... i'm making a flash intro and i'd like to make my site look modern and exciting. like with rollover effects and stuff for my nav bar..(made in flash)

another problem im having is making borders like - i made one which just was a colour on top(header) and one on the left (navigation) and it just joined sharp at the top corner i wanna know how to make it like rnded and soft... so the look like they are ment to be there and not just some poxy colour in the body tags for cell background.....

i'm including the following subjects...

reviews,previews,cheats,walkthrough/guides,media page with screenshots and download etc...and a page for ma guestbook,links/advertise and a page about me... and a few more

obviously u saw the logo on top of ma site from my first post and the link well i'm keepin that but id like a border to keep with it...

any ideas plz ?
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    A good idea if you have loads of content but don't have any design experience would be to go to www.phpnuke.com .
    The you can put up a site instantly with your logo at the top.
    This way you can have a site until you develop your own design if you eventually want to move to one.
    www.appletv.co.uk

Remove Ads