Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you all think???

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I don't mean to be harsh, but I can't find a nice way to put this.

I'll say that the copy is good. The first paragraph of your homepage, for example:

Quote Originally Posted by Your Website
    More than 75% of businesses and 68% of consumers make buying decisions online. They visit your website to decide if they're going to call you. Is your site current? Does the design reflect your brand? If you're not sure...
    You give good advice, but you're not following it. Your site's styling looks very out of date (seriously, by about 10 years), and it doesn't really show off your ability as a graphic artist. Frankly, it's quite plain.

Look at some of the sites at http://cssremix.com/ for an idea of what's current.

Oh, and kill the splash page. It's doing nothing for your site.

Member #
    Thank you for the input. I understand what you are saying. I agree with what you are saying...I guess I'm just a little nervous or scared or something along those lines...that I will take it too far. I'm self teaching everything so no one is working with me to show me how to do anything! I'm new to flash so I am trying to do a little there. This might sound stupid...but the more modern sites with a lot of the borders and flourishing backgrounds....are those images put into the site editor? I'm thinking they are...I don't know how to do several things though...I'm learning as much as I can...Thank you for the input though! I will work on it some more. I probably don't even want to show you the other site then do I??? haha....well, here it goes...when you have a chance, can you look at this site...www.djsmostwanted.com This is a client/friend that wanted a site put up and was willing to be my ginnea pig.

Member #
    I can't seem to like the site.

Like smoseley said, the site has a very outdated look. With the new style, I would say to try to stay away from serif fonts like Times New Roman, which you evidently are using. Also, increase the margin between the textual area and the surrounding areas.

Yes, that splash page does nothing. Get rid of it. Also, the animation should be eradicated (good word?) altogether. Just use what it is trying to display as a slogan-type thing under the main title.

Follow the home page as a template. Its text is well spaced from the margins.

Also, check your spelling. Websites have to be perfect to attract customers. At first glance, I noticed that 'agressively' was spelled wrong. It should be 'aggressively'.

Also, in the case that you do not have any websites to show on your portfolio, make some up and put them on. It's hard to trust a web designer without a portfolio.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Thank you so much for the tips and insight! I can't believe I have misspellings! I'm usually pretty good about that.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but what is the splash page? Maybe I am just calling it something different. Do you mean the intro page?

So I should get rid of the flash used for the homepage too? Not in the banner though right?

I guess I'm having a difficult time with the "outdated" thing..Is it the layout you think is outdated? I was thinking of making the background maybe a two tone gradient or something but I didn't want too much on it either. Would Ariel be a good font to use? I didn't think I should go with anything to detailed. At least, thats what I was told in school. Thank you for the feedback, I would love to hear your responses to the above questions too!!!

Member #
    Get rid of the splash/intro page.

Redesign the flash. The text doesn't make sense...

Quali - Print - We - Multim
    What is that?

The general layout of your website. 2 column layout is fine. The design itself currently isn't.

Do you have photoshop, paint.net or some form of graphic imaging program? The best place to start is to create graphical layouts in such software. Export the layout as an image and post it on this site. You will then get feedback on what you could change/improve.

Member #
    Several more points of critique:

The purple and black color scheme is somewhat unprofessional. I cannot seem to like it. I guess staying with it could be nice, but maybe another color scheme would be better.
    Another thing that bothers me is the dark purple background. Maybe I just don't like purple.

Also, delete the Google Custom Search box above the home page. It doesn't add to the site at all, and it is not on any other page.

Arial is a good font, but I was thinking along the lines of Verdana or Calibri. Both of those fonts are nice to use and nice to look at.

The animated banner doesn't add to your site.

The splash/intro page needs to be removed.

The overall format needs revamping, especially the CLS logo. That looks ancient. As for you guinea pig site, at least put it on your portfolio. Also, revamp that site so that it is a clean, two-column site with the font being a sans-serif font, like Verdana or Calibri. Also, the pictures look out of place. And the banner does not contribute much. But it is more modern-looking than your portfolio site.

The little navigation menu under the guinea pig site's dancing picture is out of place and unnecessary.

Also, please do not make the top banner a link. Or, if you do, make it an obvious link with the cursor rollover and do not popup the site in a new window. That is annoying, and it is unnecessary.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Am I seeing the right thing, It just shows a flash intro, if so I would consider fixing the pixelated L in the banner.
    www.PureDezigner.com - personal portfolio

Member #
    I think it is agreed that the design has to be worked on, if not redone.

Here are some pointers for your next design :
    • At the time of my visit, there was no splash screen, keep it this way.
    • In terms of SEO, the valuable text on the first page shouldn't be embeded into a flash animation, wich by the way doesn't add much to the visitor's experience.
    • Serif fonts shouldn't be used for screen, leave it for your printing jobs.
    • Put margins in between your text and the border of the element that contains it.
    • Drop the tables, in your case it is not a justified usage. You would gain much more control over your design if you'd work with CSS for your layout (i.e. text and margins)
    • Get inspired by what is done today but don't copy.
    Good luck

Member #
    Still you can improve the quality of the site. Banner text are somewhat crispy.
    I like that home page wavy effect animation. Good.
    You can reduce the font size. It looks like very old website.

Remove Ads