Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Website Input

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all,

This site is not fully completed, but I would say I'm almost at a halfway point and would like to get some feedback. This is the first time that I've really kind of dived into DIV layouts. What I'd like from all of you is... if you know of anyway to layout the DIVS better than I have, please let me know and give me an example. It's getting kind of messy (I think)... and I'm sure there is a more efficient, simpler way.

Also, another word:

If you are using IE, you will get an alert when you visit the site. I am using a drop down menu company and haven't paid for the service yet.

Thanks!

(Also, comments and crits on the overall look so far is cool too, just remember, there are some placeholders and not everything is what its going to be at the end)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stairatthesun
    Hello all,

This site is not fully completed, but I would say I'm almost at a halfway point and would like to get some feedback. This is the first time that I've really kind of dived into DIV layouts. What I'd like from all of you is... if you know of anyway to layout the DIVS better than I have, please let me know and give me an example. It's getting kind of messy (I think)... and I'm sure there is a more efficient, simpler way.

Also, another word:

If you are using IE, you will get an alert when you visit the site. I am using a drop down menu company and haven't paid for the service yet.

Thanks!

(Also, comments and crits on the overall look so far is cool too, just remember, there are some placeholders and not everything is what its going to be at the end)

http://www.rodandconecreative.com/bgcsnindex.php
    Viewed 30 times and no one has any input?

Member #
    I don't like the navigation at all. It doesn't feel natural to me when I run my mouse over it. Your flash is nice but ultimately pointless.

Regarding the design. I don't get why there is some paper behind the content. You have empty right column. I don't know what this is for. I like the top half of your website, its vibrant and nice. The bottom half is a little dull and doesn't really float my boat so to speak.

When looking for a review, generally speaking it best to have at least 1 fully complete page with content. Its very hard to give a review when all there is to look at is sample latin text. For me one of my review criteria is how easy it is to understand what the site is about. This is almost impossible to do when all you have on their is lipsum.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I don't like the navigation at all. It doesn't feel natural to me when I run my mouse over it. Your flash is nice but ultimately pointless.

Regarding the design. I don't get why there is some paper behind the content. You have empty right column. I don't know what this is for. I like the top half of your website, its vibrant and nice. The bottom half is a little dull and doesn't really float my boat so to speak.

When looking for a review, generally speaking it best to have at least 1 fully complete page with content. Its very hard to give a review when all there is to look at is sample latin text. For me one of my review criteria is how easy it is to understand what the site is about. This is almost impossible to do when all you have on their is lipsum.
    Thanks but I don't know if you even read my post before going to the site.

1. The crit on the navigation is well taken... what makes it seem unnatural? The text font will change, maybe that may help.

2. The flash will not be pointless when it is completed.... like I said, at a halfway point and am using filler text and only one scene.

3. The paper background behind the content will not be there in the end.

4. The content bar to the right is empty because..... well, like I said, at a halfway point.

5. Like I said in my post, I was mainly looking for a review on how I had achieved what I've shown.... not how it actually looks. If you read my post, you'll notice I mentioned the DIV tags a lot. I would like to know if there is a simpler (not so complex) way of achieving the same layout.

Thanks anyway though.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It needs to be at least 80 % complete for us to give an overview. It's got a decent look to it so far. I can't believe you used a <center> tag!
    The criteria for reviewing a site:
    1) User friendly - It's not finished so we can't grade that
    2) Functional and working correctly- It's not finished so we can't grade that
    3) Coded properly- Other than the center tag it looks good so far, although I didn't look at your css
    4) Content- you know the answer to this already
    5) Appearance- We can't get to other pages to see the flow from one page to another, so we can't grade that

Not trying to be rude at all, we just need more to go on

Remove Ads