Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

getting to the end of this site and just wondering what people think about it?

its a tourist information site about Kenya but as of yet has hardly any featured business on. It is made from a serverly customised version of magento so that the client has complete control over all the content on the site.

a few of the boxes still need to be shifted about and I think it will look lots better when it is full of content and different adverts but the basic structure is there.

my main concern is that the header image seems abit too dark for the site so maybe a darker background or a lighter header is in order.

Member #
    I agree, the dark header doesn't fit the lighter design.

I don't really like the design, my main issue is that it all feels really boxy and it doesn't feel like a fluid well designed website. What is the thinking behind the dark purple borders around everything?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I agree about the boxiness so we’ve added some nice rounded corners to it all now. This ties the site together much better.

The purple borders were more of an experiment but as you can see we’ve changed them.

Thanks for your feedback.

Member #
    At first glance, it looked like a spam-search site that was more professional. Then it got better.

Also, the title is hard to read.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

jj1
    Member #
    In some ways I quite like the site - it's nice how you've picked up the pictures in the menu tops and how the marker rectangle at the right of each hover item is just that little bit "off-rectangle".
    In other ways, whilst I quite like the dark sunset image, I think you need to show more of Kenya in order to tempt viewers there - maybe use rotating pictures to show different aspects of Kenya and put text over them to state what's so wonderful about these aspects?
    Also, the text on your home page "this is your complete information ..." doesn't persuade me how wonderful Kenya is - it doesn't want to make me visit.
    Hope this helps.

Member #
    I just checked http://www.planitkenya.com, it is really great, I could get all the travel info to Kenya there, It is most useful to my friend, who used to travel Africa very often for business, let me refer this to him, Cheers, Karl,MAX GXL

Remove Ads