Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I recently created a stock photography website called Your Stock Photography Source, which is online at www.ysps.info.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone has about how I can improve the user experience on this site, drive more traffic to the site and, in general, make the site a more valuable resource to the stock photography community.

Member #
    OK. Firstly, you should remove the google ads. They are not in the flow of the website, no one is going to click on them. All they are doing is detracting from the design.

Regarding the design itself. It looks a little aged. I use this site for my stock photograhy.
    http://www.fotolia.com/

What attacted me to the site is that is very much image based. Your site doesn't convey this. Images are small, furthermore they are organised in weird folders. What would be better is to 'unleash' these images. When you hover over an image have it expand. Allow visitors to rate images. This will help future visitors separate the good from the bad.

The thing you need to do is make the images the focal point of your design. Currently your images are a part of your design. Your images should be the design.

Finally you have no way to search images... this should be ammended.

I would stongly recommend reappraising your goals. Check out this.

http://alistapart.com/articles/lookatitanotherway

Sit in the visitors seat, what kind of people will visit your website? Why would they visit it? What do they want and what would make them return. By answering these questions and implementing the solutions you will greatly enhance your website. Currently it feels like a developers solution to stock photography. What you want to create is a photographers solution if you catch my drift.

Remove Ads