Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well, I finally settled on a design I liked, and it only took about three or four years to get it. Got some inspiration from DesignReviver and had a thought about the British canals. I ended up surprising myself. I never thought I could do a digital painting like this and I really like how it all ended up.

As far as reviews go, I'm specifically looking for comments on the copy and layout of the internal pages. I've had mixed response so far. I'm thinking of changing the format of the CV page. I want to remove most of the comments and just put in the reference, my skills-set and a short blurb then make a prominent download link.

Let me know what you think.

I also have a thread going looking for ideas on how to better sell myself http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...880#post222880
    Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

Member #
    Hi Jason,
    I have gave you a honest rating
    Great digital painting.
    I have not scrutanised your code but If I wanted a web designer I would be looking for a bright Web 2.0 page first, and then a instantly available portfolio.
    Web design jobs are very competitive. by the time your potential customer has downloaded your CV your competitor would have shown him 10 completed projects on a bright Web 2.0 website with a discount and by the time your customer has read your CV your competitor would have already given him a mock up. sorry but its true jason.
    Good luck

Member #
    I thought the site was pretty nice. Loved the graphic background. I did think the hover links were a little too light for me. I couldnt really even see them. I thought some of the font-sizes were way too big and just didnt look like it took much XHTML/CSS skill to make. The graphic in the background is very nice but the coding I think could be better.

Member #
    Hi Jason, I like the site. From the word go it was very different and caught my eye - mainly due to the background image which I like (must have taken a long time to do) and the background doesn't interfere with any of the content, however I would recommend moving the logo and menu options down a touch so the white text is against the darker grey background (so the top of the logo is just underneath the top line of the hills). I think it would contrast slightly better and be more readable. Fine to read as it is but some people have much worse sight and would possibly find it difficult. Contrary to the above I think the font size is good. I personally like good bold text on websites. Smaller text may get lost with the background - just my opinion.
    I'm interested, what coding did you use to popup your portfolio and do the slideshow? Are there any open source guides or any resources - I quite like it.
    Sussex Web Development - freelance website design and e-commerce solutions in Sussex - http://www.sussexwebdevelopment.com

jj1
    Member #
    I quite like the picture but am not sure if the site will do you any favours. A few comments:
    1 The slogan "Logic and design" doesn't 100% tell me what you are about.
    2 To start with, I thought you were a web/graphics designer trying to sell to paying customers - it was only once I read your CV that I realised you were using a website as an extended CV.
    3 I don't like the snapshots of the websites that you've chosen for your Portfolio. They all seem to have similar, drab colours and they wouldn't tempt me to look any further. Would it be better to have a screen-dump of the websites with a description of each?
    3 On the Portfolio page, don't stress a negative "I don't regularly get a chance to work in print". Instead, make a positive sales pitch.

Member #
    Nice background.

The 'Logic and Design' at the top is hard to read.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads