Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everybody, if you have seen some of my other posts around you may have realized that in some areas I have no clue what i am doing that is why I am here. I am a self taught designer who dosent know very much outside of how to use most of the features in frontpage (and not all of those yet either) so i am looking for some feedback on my site that i have created for some friends and I that are a part of an online gaming clan. Id be happy for any suggestions and ways to follow out those suggestions aswell..remember now this is my first website i have ever created with learning everything about webdesign from trial and error so here is the link tell me what you think :
    http://www.undisputedforceclan.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G 69
    Hello everybody, if you have seen some of my other posts around you may have realized that in some areas I have no clue what i am doing that is why I am here. I am a self taught designer who dosent know very much outside of how to use most of the features in frontpage (and not all of those yet either) so i am looking for some feedback on my site that i have created for some friends and I that are a part of an online gaming clan. Id be happy for any suggestions and ways to follow out those suggestions aswell..remember now this is my first website i have ever created with learning everything about webdesign from trial and error so here is the link tell me what you think :
    http://www.undisputedforceclan.com
    Looks good! I would probably utilize the space at the left underneath the menu better. It's a lot of empty space. And maybe that is the general criticism. Too much empty space. Another thing is if you are going to have music, have a volume or off button, so they can view the page without the sound. Nothing against the music. Just, in my case, I am already listening to music on itunes.
    2Shea Creative Graphic Design

Dull pencils make dull drawings

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Flailgring
    Looks good! I would probably utilize the space at the left underneath the menu better. It's a lot of empty space. And maybe that is the general criticism. Too much empty space. Another thing is if you are going to have music, have a volume or off button, so they can view the page without the sound. Nothing against the music. Just, in my case, I am already listening to music on itunes.
    alright ill do that thanks bud

Member #
    Great job for a first website. Here are some suggestions:
    1) Try using a different font than Times New Roman. Its a huge no no in design. Try to stick with one type face.
    2) In the stats you have text overlaying other texts. Try not doing that. Put some clears in there.
    3) Use css to make your style have an amazing look to it.
    4) Try not using frames
    5) Make your navigation text based if you can, other than using images. And use hovers

I would consider looking at sites similar to what you are trying to convey. Get some ideas and than redo your layout using your own design.

Hope that helps! Very good for a first website.

jj1
    Member #
    For a first website I'd say well done!! That said, some suggestions you can take or leave.
    1 Use CSS to make your text consistent - the "hello and welcome" has a different appearance to the "I have lots of questions".
    2 The blue picture at the top looks quite nice but doesn't tell me at a glance that this is a Games website. Maybe change this and put a "slogan" so people can see what you are about without reading further.
    3 The calendar doesn't work and so what is it's purpose? It takes up space which should be used for something that will grab the reader's attention.
    4 Align the "Undisputed Force Clan" with the words on the buttons.
    5 Proof-read your work - eg wordpress should have a capital W and there should be a full stop after it.
    6 I like the way you've done your menu buttons. It would be nicer, though, if something about the buttons changed when hovered over - eg if the text were to change colour subtly.
    Hope this helps - again, well done for a first website!!

Remove Ads