Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Viper Mock Up

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Yeah, so at course we have to make a site to access a members database, the brief says to make it a VW fanclub, but I asked if I could do a Viper fan club instead.

Here's a mock-up of the design I'm probably going to use - I only made two links on the nav bar so far, mainly to demonstrate mouse over, yellow is the mouse over version.

Let me know what you think!

Also thats one of the Vipers from my photo's

Nothing to see here

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I like the stroke on the viper photo... nice touch. I don't like the menu treatment, though. I would shift it up in the banner, and make it disappear behind the image of the car with everything else. Also, lose the font. It doesn't fit the car's personality. Look for something low and wide... aggressive stance.

Member #
    I think the font is fine, but trasio's menu advice is good. Also if you're planning on having that wide gray background surrounding the content part of the page, then... well, don't. I am not a fan of pages that float over blank backgrounds -- a well-designed site would take advantage of all page space, stretching to fill it.

So I am not a fan of the design of this site, at least not in that respect (I do like the way it incorporates images into the forum posts, the images around the user info).

By the way, overall the design of the page looks good so far -- definitely a good choice of colors.
    ~CGameProgrammer( );

Member #
    I agree with what's been said so far, there'd be more to say if we could see this layout with content in it in html form.

Are you planning on having the site being a fixed height, or changing depending on each page's contents? I would recommend having the length vary, because if this were to be a fixed height site that would require scrolling within the black frame for longer pages, and that would make two scrollbars, which can get confusing.

Keep us posted on future developments

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    it is a very nice start to a design that can become superb. follow the suggestions above, and you'll have a great looking site man!
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    When I said I don't like the font, I meant the font in the menu. The font for the title is nice.

Member #
    Thanks for all the great comments so far guys, I'll change the menue text to something a bit more Viper Styles and I also like the idea of moving the navigation into the header.

I wasn't sure when I made this if I would have a fixed height or not, I don't think I will though as I would rather avoid some of the usabilty issues of i-frames.

Also as for the width, I dunno, it's a bit of a personal thing of mine, I really like thin sites for some reason, so I think I'll stay thin for this one, but I do need to try making some liquid sites soon, so look out for those

Anyway - I should have another mock up soon - hopefully html
    Nothing to see here

Remove Ads