Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So we just completed this project for a client: Linea Luxe: an online store for luxury goods. We posted the photoshop concept here a couple months back and got some good response. Now that it's live, I figured I'd post again and let you guys see it in action and give us some feedback. Whaddya think? :-D

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So that's where you've been, working huh? And then you come back when you need something huh? And now you want help from us peasants?

I'm probably an idiot but I tried to do a "compare" to a couple of items but I didn't know how to view that. It says they were successfully added to the compare list, but I couldn't find it.

I'm not really big on the gray gradient on the navbar. Not with the brownish header down below the flash which is a nice earth tone and the gray clashes with that.

I do love how everything fits together. It's so easy to glance around and not get lost. It doesn't seem cluttered at all and in my opinion that is very important.

Nice clean look....you really need to work on the code though.....just kidding.

I think I want the Time Out Timer for my 6 year old!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hey Steve,

Sorry for my absence of late... we've been extreeeeeemely busy with several projects.

Thanks for the feedback. The "earthy" tones are supposed to be copper. I thought the charcoal tones complemented them nicely myself. That can be tweaked with time, though.

As for hte Time-Out Timer... nice find! I just bought one for a friend whose kid turned 2 last week.

jj1
    Member #
    I really liked the website - liked the initial home page with the black and copper tones, the subtly shaded sub menus and also the mix of rotating pics. I liked the way you could click on a picture to zoom in on the details.
    One small point - there is no Home button, but other than that well done!
    Could I be cheeky and ask what software you use to do the rotating pics? We're using Macromedia at the moment which is not wonderful - to get the pictures to slowly fade in and out means creating a massive-sized file, even once we've optimised them to reduce load time. Another software package we looked at had the same problem.

Member #
    I am not too keen on the pitch black background or the greyscale nav bar.

Also the left column box on this page looks really rough.

http://www.linealuxe.com/index.php/h...e/missoni-home

That aside it isn't bad. What cart did you use for the site?

Member #
    Love the graphics. Small font on the footer looks kind of strange and hard to read. Firefox in Windows = huge horizontal scrollbar.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewgd
    Love the graphics. Small font on the footer looks kind of strange and hard to read. Firefox in Windows = huge horizontal scrollbar.
    Hi Mike,

What resolution are you at? May I trouble you for a screenshot?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes,he is right. It's your footer moving over causing the scrollbar. In the screenshot I moved it over so you can see it.
    I have FF2, 1024X768.

Attachment 4073
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Darn. Thanks, guys. I'm on FF3, so I can't see that bug. I know what's causing it, though!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    Could I be cheeky and ask what software you use to do the rotating pics? We're using Macromedia at the moment which is not wonderful - to get the pictures to slowly fade in and out means creating a massive-sized file, even once we've optimised them to reduce load time. Another software package we looked at had the same problem.
    Hi JJ,

We're using the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow, a JavaScript slideshow. Check the source of the homepage to see how we implemented it. Here's the script:

http://www.linealuxe.com//js/linea_luxe/slideshow.js

Get the original script and instructions on using it from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

The reason I went with a JS-based slideshow is to prevent issues with the dropdown menu in older Moz--based browsers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads