Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey guys i wanna know how to move the form elements or images in dreamweaver.....i tried but it moves jus down or at specific positions on the page........i want to move them easily ...like vb ....please help................

Member #
    You really might want to consider a completely new design and trash the design you have right now. Especially that very annoying background.

Before you start designing, you should learn the basic programming languages: first HTML, then CSS, and so on. You should know both languages like the back of your hand before you begin to actually complete a website, thus knowing exactly what you want, how you want it, and how you're going to do it.

I would say that Dreamweaver design mode is a place to stay out of completely as a web designer, but that would be me being a hypocrite, because I use design mode myself. Also, the banner is really unprofessional and annoying, and it contracts too sharply with the annoying background. The moving text has a horrible impact on my eyes.

I think this site really needs a makeover. If you really don't want to use/learn HTML/CSS designing, then use tables, which would help align objects. Tables should just purely be a temporary measure. Once HTML and CSS are mastered, tables should be removed and replaced for easy editing and loading, as well as the extreme versatility that CSS provides a designer with.

Really think about something different. Also, the ads are annoying. It's a free web-hosting service, and get rid of it when possible. If you want a small info site or something like that, I would prefer blogs from Wordpress.com or Blogspot.com because they are far more neat, customizable, and respectable.

Please consider studying HTML and CSS.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    hey dude thanks for the advie.....actually im not much inot web desing....n that site was designed 2 years bak when i knew jus the basics of web desing......i know CSS n HTML even SS i.e. php,C# etc etc....have a long way to go dude....i have designed style sheets n iv coded in notepad till nw......i had a problem wid drmwr coz of the snapng......can u help me with it??

thanks in advance......

Member #
    What version of DW do you have?
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    iv got CS3......

Member #
    As said above, start of with tables - would be the best starting point. Use the rows and cells to align the images and forms to how you want them, using breaking spaces <BR> to move things down within cells. Or if you have more advanced knowledge use CSS, a bit more complicated to start of with but can be easier to maintain once in place as it uses styles and classes which are in one place in a css file. I personally have never used the design mode as it tends to add things and I have less control. Coding by hand is by far the easiest and quickest method in my experience but then I do a lot of scripting too so have to code by hand.
    Sussex Web Development - freelance website design and e-commerce solutions in Sussex - http://www.sussexwebdevelopment.com

Remove Ads