Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey all--
    I would love feedback on my site. I tried to make it look a little different from many of the web design sites out there, more personal and friendly. I deal with many clients who are totally new to web design and I think they get a little intimidated by the ultra modern look. Please let me know what you think! Thanks so much.

mado

Member #
    A couple of things.

Your navigation doesn't really stand out enough from the right column.
    The default blue links doesn't click with the design.

Regarding the website itself, I like it, I am just a little unsure if the design is right for a web design website. I think you definitely need a tagline to pull it all together. Maybe 'sewing the seeds for great design' or something similar. This will link web design to the unconventional theme you have created.

Member #
    Jason--
    Thanks for your feedback. I think you are right on with the links and navigation comments. I had made the links a different color, but a typo cancelled it out, thanks for catching it!

I also like your idea for a tagline, do you mind if I use it or something similar?

mado

Member #
    Go for it.

Member #
    I agree with Jason about the navigation links that they need to stand out some more. Not sure if you already did it or not. Maybe had a neat hover effect with different background color. I think its a cute design but Im not too sure about the banner- I like it but Im not crazy about it. Looks like it says my desgn garden without the i. I know the flower stem is suppose to be the i but took me awhile lol

I also feel you should jazz up the portfolio page - have more details, give a description. Also the contact form on my end looks funny. Ide reduce the size of the text area to line up with the other input fields. Just to add some consistency and etc. . . But overall great design!

jj1
    Member #
    The design looks good and I like your Portfolio websites. That said a couple of comments:
    1 It's not immediately obvious that you are a website designer - I would have guessed something to do with flowers. Personally, I'd keep your design as I like it overall but I'd move your logo "My design garden" to top left (still keep a daisy as an I) and put some form of slogan about website design in a prominent position.
    2 The Portfolio page took ages to load - I thought my system had crashed. The rest of the website didn't take long.
    Overall, well done. I think it suits the type of websites you create for clients and the testimonials are really good.

Member #
    Thanks to all of you for your input, very helpful stuff. I will do some work on it soon and let you all know.

mado

Member #
    One last thing. Capitalise the navigation?

Member #
    Also, I think it would be good to add a a:link {display:block} this will allow the user to click any area around the navigation text. So the whole li with the link to the page will be clickable.

Remove Ads