Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone
    Please take a look at my website and please suggest any improvements that can potentially be made to make it better. Negative or positive comments all welcome (!) and naturally I expect more critical comments. It is just a basic html website detailing the freelance services I offer. After having done permanent employed web design /ASP and SQL database development work for a very long time I thought why not try my hand at freelance.
    I'm aware of the W3C and CSS validation errors which I'm going to sort out.
    Thank you for taking a look.
    Many thanks.
    Matt
    Sussex Web Development - freelance website design and e-commerce solutions in Sussex - http://www.sussexwebdevelopment.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The major change I would suggest is to make everything less grave. Your gradients, sunset photo, and all of the effects in general (drop shadows, etc) are too extreme and dramatic.

jj1
    Member #
    The site looks very impressive - both design-wise and technically.
    A few points:
    1 When I click on Logo Design, it takes me to Web Design Services not to Logo Design.
    2 Whenever I clock on a menu button on the righ, the page that follows loses those buttons..
    3 Whenever I click on the masthead pic, I get a different screen - I don't expect this and it annoys me.
    4 When I clock on the ecommerce button, it takes me to the Ecommerce page but - presumably - I go to a bookmark on this page as the top picture disappears. I find this inconsistent.
    5 The Portfolio page takes ages to load.
    Hope this helps.

Member #
    Thanks for your comments so far. Yes all helps. The services page is one long page using "a name" tags for each section/ using bookmarks as you mentioned. I thought fairly hard about where the user should go when they click the right hand buttons in the home page - the problem is each service includes all of the services listed - logo design, Flash, SEO, other than the ecommerce service which is a service on its own (further down the services page). I will have to think about where users are directed when they click either logo design, Flash and SEO - I could make up separate sections for this so a user is directed to specific text, even though they are included in all web design packages. Thanks also for your comments Steven. I'll possibly play around with the colour contrasts. I personally like "bold" although I don't want it to be too much.
    Thanks again guys. Any other input also welcome!
    Sussex Web Development - freelance website design and e-commerce solutions in Sussex - http://www.sussexwebdevelopment.com

Remove Ads