Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi i'm a new member of this forum. Please review this site, www.cosmopolisonline.it , it's an online review,thanks!

Member #
    Its an okay layout. It looks like you used the dissolve effect on the lettering and does not really suit the ambience of the website. Also you have too many text images on your website. And you are not using any special font, I believe your navigation is Verdana? Anyway . . . I would start with using the <li> element for your navigation and just have each one in a square if ythats what you want. Nice images thought. I would just start having more text and less images, that would be a great start

Member #
    I don't know what the site is about. This is probably because I do not speak the language.

I am not keen on the grunge effect or the red which on first glance looks a little like blood running down the screen. Its not bad, just in my opinion its not that great.

Things to improve.

Make the navigation text instead of images. Have a hover highlight effect.
    Accessibility is important in any website and you haven't used 1 alt tag. (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0)

Could you tell me what the site is about so I can give some better feedback

jj1
    Member #
    I like the look of the site but am not sure what it's about as I don't speak the language so therefore can't comment on whether your design suits the content.
    Personally, I am happy with your navigation menu options being images not text - I think they look better with the blue boxes and the white spacing between them. My comment would be to space them better so that the buttons are all properly centred within your screen. Also the buttons jump about and appear in different positions on different screens - in my software package (Expression), I put the navigation menu items into the masthead and so they are the same for each screen. Could you also have the buttons changing colour when you hover over them? I know they change once you click on them.
    Interesting looking design!!
    Hope this helps.

Member #
    It's not too bad, it looks good at first glance, but I probably wouldn't remember the URL because it's too long and hard to remember, so if I had wanted to go back, I'd never really remember the name.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nice historical viewed site!!!! I like history. Good interface. Useful menu.

Member #
    I like the overall design, and your graphics are really nice. I would change your navigation links so that they change color as you hover and click them. I would also add a background color/texture to fill the screen out around your pages - and change the maroon/red page border to a color that fits better with the rest of your design.

Good job! if you implement some of the suggestions made in this forum, I think you'll have yourself a very nice site.

gdc
    Member #
    I think the site is ok, but the menu (and links in general) need work. The menus on the left need a rollover effect, and the links on the right, almost look like headings.

You have a rendering problem on this page:
    http://www.cosmopolisonline.it/20080...20_diritti.php

If you set your screen to 1600 by xxx you will notice that the top navigation bar is shifted to the left outside the boudaries of the site (IE7 and FF3). You have some errors on this page also: click the link to see them

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...20_diritti.php

Remove Ads