Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.8 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Everyone,
    How are we all today ? :P
    I released my latest website 2 weeks ago (still missing some final tweaks) and I think it looks and works fantastically but am looking for some general community feedback from accross the web.
    The site is an a FREE online sports directory where sporting clubs can list their details for and potential players can find a specific sporting club to play for, closest to their postcode.
    I'm using a bit of AJAX for the sports dropdown search and a radial postcode search (ie if you type in 2560 it will give the search script all the postcodes in a radius of 10, 20 or 30Km. This works mad!).
    Link: http://www.iwannaplay.net.au
    All feedback welcomed no matter how harsh it is, I won't cry too much...
    Thaaaaaaanks, Chino

jj1
    Member #
    I quite like the look of the site and you've obviously got good technical skills. I like the way you have Find a Sports Club right up at the top so people can see what you're about.
    My only comment is that I personally found the indenting of the text and headings slightly annoying - I suppose I'm used to text being vertically aligned underneath the headings. To start with, I thought you'd made a mistake but then I realised that it was the same on each page except for the home page. For example, The "About Us" on the About Us page is not alignment with the blue box above it.
    Likewise, to start with, I thought that the adverts on the right-hand side should be right-aligned with the three boxes at the top - then I looked to the left and found that you'd indented this just slightly as well. At first glance, it looked out of alignment.
    One very small point, shouldn't "Australia 's" be "Australia's"?
    Having said that, well done!

Member #
    Excellent site. Really well done. It's got a good feel about it, and it does say 'modern and sleek design'. Kind of simple, but effective. Complexity isn't always good, and you've just proved that more simple designs are very effective.

I disagree with jj1 about the indenting - i didn't have any problems with it.

Just two things:
    1. check your XHTML. I ran it through the validator and it came up with over 40 errors.
    2. the centering of the names of the fields in your contact for i found annoying. Maybe if you justified them to the right it would look better.

But a great site, 9/10 and i would visit it quite a lot. I suggest entering it in the site of the month contest.

Member #
    One very small point, shouldn't "Australia 's" be "Australia's"?
    FIXED
    Regarding the indenting, i'll take a look about it and try to make it a little more consistent.
    Diddy im in the process of updating thew code to be compliant, and I WILL fix up the contact form, thats annoying me also!!
    Thank you guys for the feedback.

I've also just released another site http://www.iwannasms.com.au - was up in about 36 hours 99.9% complete. Yipee.

Member #
    Easy on the eyes and professional looking. Nice job!

Member #
    Very clean and simple - I really like this design.

Remove Ads