Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone,
    I've just put my new website online. I bought the template on Theme Forest, but I've customized it in many ways to fit my needs.

The website is www.bnzcomputers.com. I'm using it to sell my Custom Built desktop computers. The customize pages have not been developed yet, but most of the main pages are working. I'm trying to capture a professional tone with this site, so I'd like to see what people think of it in that aspect.

I'd really appreciate your comments and critique, so if you have a moment, please take a look at the site.

Thanks,
    Brennan

Member #
    I find the site kinda blah. It needs more graphics, weather it be ads or flash. The site needs some more color to it. A developer looking at it would say that the site theme is a CSS template. ( Looks like one ). The site has good accessibility. Everything was pretty easy to see.

You might want to add a some interactivity to the site. I have just the thing for you.

Take a look at this script you could throw in it.
    http://www.esvon.com/pg/products/p_config/

I have a script just like it for a lot less. pm me for more info

other than that, the site looks good
    little things here and there.

Member #
    Yes, definitely consider far more graphics.

And, come to think of it, I might buy a computer from you when the site is running.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by entity
    Yes, definitely consider far more graphics.

And, come to think of it, I might buy a computer from you when the site is running.
    Haha!

Fantastic, Thanks for the input. I actually just put the site "officially online" yesterday. The customization pages still aren't done, though, so right now it's only for selling the Base-Line PC.

I'm a student, so I'm trying to balance my time between working on the website and studying/getting homework done. Needless to say, I'm not getting much homework done .

Let me know if you want a Base-Line PC, or if you wanted to customize one. If you just were interested in a Base-Line, you could get one now.

Thanks again for the comments,
    Brennan

Member #
    Hmm...it's a little low-powered right now. I'm wondering about getting a dual/quad core Intel processor at 2.7-3.0 GHz with 4Gbs of RAM and an NVIDIA discrete video card. And I'm broke right now. The 640GB hard drive is great, and the pricing is really good as well.

Higher-end components will attract gamers and graphic designers, which pour in money into gadgets.

Oh, and I really like the design
    My Blog!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by entity
    Hmm...it's a little low-powered right now. I'm wondering about getting a dual/quad core Intel processor at 2.7-3.0 GHz with 4Gbs of RAM and an NVIDIA discrete video card. And I'm broke right now. The 640GB hard drive is great, and the pricing is really good as well.

Higher-end components will attract gamers and graphic designers, which pour in money into gadgets.

Oh, and I really like the design
    Really glad you like the design!

The case and motherboard are really my favorite features.

I don't think I'll be using Intel Processors for a while. I really like the AMD Phenom line, and I think they make fantastic Quad Cores. I agree that the Athlon 2.7GHz Dual-Core is a bit under-powered, however I just put a EVGA Geforce 9800 in one of the machines, and it seems to be pretty powerful. With a Phenom Quad-Core CPU, and a good PCI-E graphics card, the machines would be phenomenal, I think.

I'm just surprised that it's possible to fit so much into such a small space. My dream PC is one of these with two 1TB HDD's in a RAID 0 array, with a 1GB GDDR3 Graphics Card, a Phenom Quad Core Processor, and 8 or 16GB of ram. - That would be an amazing PC.

Brennan

jj1
    Member #
    I probably agree with everyone else that it would be nice to have some nice large image of computer(s) etc, although the black band is pretty eye-catching.
    What I like about your site that your "Need a Good Desktop Computer?" is a large, strong heading that instantly makes it clear to people what you do. If you can find a good image to replace some or all of the black band, then keep this and the other text superimposed on top of it. Personally, I would make the other text "We build desktop ...." just slightly larger. Being pedantic, the "We" in "We can build you a computer" should start with a lower case "w" as you had a comma after the prvious "machine,".

Member #
    I like the design a lot. It's easy on the eyes and clean. I would suggest that you develop a nice logo for your business.

I wish you the best with your business.

GeorgeO

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bnzelener
    My dream PC is one of these with two 1TB HDD's in a RAID 0 array, with a 1GB GDDR3 Graphics Card, a Phenom Quad Core Processor, and 8 or 16GB of ram. - That would be an amazing PC.
    Yes. Yes. Yes it would be. That would be so awesome, but...pretty expensive.
    My Blog!!!

Member #
    Hello,

I like the design of your site. It's very clean, and easy to navigate. Plus it's clear what you're offering. Who do you think would be your average customer? A hard core gamer or corporate exec? Your design right now targets the later.

Did notice a couple of things - on your base-line.html page - the heading under 'base-Line info' doesn't fit the space and 'Price and Order' don't appear on the same line (fyi - I'm viewing this though Safari 3.0) - I checked this with Firefox, and it works just fine.. Possibly need to adjust the width of the box those headings are in.

Also - The way you allow visitors to view larger views of the base line PC is very slick, but a tad slow. You could make the larger image appear to the left of the thumbnail images and have it change as visitors hover over the thumbnail. Or - take a look at how Newegg.com show product photos - I've always thought Newegg.com do product views the best.

Anyway - my two cents. Great work.

Remove Ads