Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey folks,

I'm working with a talented designer to redesign my portfolio. Please ignore the textual content as it is really just a placeholder - I will be refining things later.

Please be as :smoker: harsh as you'd like - I believe criticism is a form of love.

You can view the current mockup in the attachment or here:
    http://jasonstockman.com/mockup/

Thank you all for your time and comments, good or bad.

-Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Its terrible...

Just kidding, I think its awesome, so sleek, clean, has great potential. Good luck coding it up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Its terrible...

Just kidding, I think its awesome, so sleek, clean, has great potential. Good luck coding it up.
    Thanks Jason. irate:

jj1
    Member #
    Looks very professional. Just a few comments:
    1 Personally I would move the contact me information down / onto a different contact page and give the about me and what sets me apart more prominence - that is, make people want to contact you rather than wasting prime space on a contact form (albeit a very impressive looking contact form).
    2 I wasn't sure what the browser was - is this the same as the wall of fame?
    3 Rather than "Click here to download my resume", why don't you have a resume/about me page. To me, this would be more professional than having to download.
    That said, I agree with the previous poster that it looks very slick.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    Looks very professional. Just a few comments:
    1 Personally I would move the contact me information down / onto a different contact page and give the about me and what sets me apart more prominence - that is, make people want to contact you rather than wasting prime space on a contact form (albeit a very impressive looking contact form).
    2 I wasn't sure what the browser was - is this the same as the wall of fame?
    3 Rather than "Click here to download my resume", why don't you have a resume/about me page. To me, this would be more professional than having to download.
    That said, I agree with the previous poster that it looks very slick.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Member #
    Love the site design.

I agree with previous comments about moving your points of difference and making them more prominent. Give people a reason to contact you, and then you can ask them to.

Just on a personal note, I find white text on a black background can be difficult to read. Maybe a different font would help. Or maybe you could change the background colour in areas where you have more text so that you can use black text.

Looks great

Member #
    I agree that white text on a black background can be a huge strain on the eyes, so I will be using off white and off black, and only a few sentences to reduce the stress.

I am conflicted with the placement of text and contact form also now that you bring it up. It's a trade off between placing the modular blocks together, and showing the "selling features" before the form. Since the design is simple and to the point, I'm going to keep things were they are and hope visitors will find their way to the only chunks of text on the page.

The browser area is going to interact with the larger portfolio viewer above - there will be a highlighted state for the active item.

I'm going to make some headway on coding a refined version of the design and am looking forward to more comments. Thanks!

-Jason

Remove Ads