Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This website that I did for a card and gag gift store, please let me know what you think about the functionality of the site and if it is even appealing to buy anything from. Thank you very much! Please be brutally honest!

http://chromafunkycards.com

Member #
    Once past the intro... I like the site. I like how your personality projects throughout.

If you want this to be a viable marketplace and actually sell your "stuff". I would drop the intro like a hot potato. Also, you should search engine optimize your site if you have any hopes of attracting consistent organic traffic.

Other than that... well done.

Member #
    Lose the intro-splash. First, it's not up to the quality of the rest of the site. Next, there are zero studies which show intros boost response -- every one shows intros lose you business.

So, I get through the intro and, guess what? Rather than merchandise to buy ...there's another intro/welcome. If it were writing, you'd be chastened to edit and get to the point.

If you can't figure out how to make your merchandising the star (called visual merchandising) then you're in a world of trouble. Lose the welcome page as well. You're trying too hard to wow visitors with pointless gimmicks test after user test prove do the opposite.

Next the product photos are roughly the right size, but distracting items in the background confuse the focus of the photo. Isolate out each product and feature it, for example against a white background. Make the product the unmistakable focus of each photo. Put descriptive captions under every product photo.

The site is obsessed with gimmicks which distract, when it should be focussed on visual merchandising and copywriting. It ain't zany. It ain't creative. It is annoying ....especially for the repeat buyer you depend on to stay in business.

jj1
    Member #
    I agree with everyone else: lose the intro and get rid of or change the front page. You could keep your different cards, gifts etc navigation pics at the top - they go with your site - but have some form of visual on your front page to grab the reader rather than - at present - lose them. For example, pick on a few good cards/gifts and have a good rotating pic with captions where you currently have the aging heartthrob blurb.
    It would be nice if the submenu options had a hover colour.
    I actually like the way you can see a video of the sale item selected. I don't have experience of deisgning ecommerce sites, so can't argue with a view expressed that you should take away the background, but personally - as a mere customer - I don't dislike the pictures you've got of the products.
    Also, as someone else said, is this site just for existing customers or do you want people to find you via Google? I did a very quick search of Google for funky cards and didn't see you on the first page (which is where you need to be). If SEO is important, then have a different title tag for each page (eg the card page might read "funky cards, naughty birthday cards, funny birthday cards", have some text (with <h1> - <h6> headers) on key pages, especially the home page, that has your targetted keywords in it, have alt text for each pic and menu item and menu subitem and sprinkle keywords judiciously through the alt text (do not use the same keyword each time or Google might think you're spamming), name your images with targetted keywords (naughty-birthday-card-nurse etc), place these images inside directories with keyword names (naughty-birthday-card-images etc) etc.
    Hope this helps.:-)

Remove Ads