Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok, I finally have my website up and I even did my own theme. Let me know what you guys and girls think. Would definitely like to you know your opinions.

- Im still working on some things and not completely finished but the design is for now. All the content is in there I just want certain things to happen and until I find a method this is the default.

Thanks!

Member #
    Hello,

I first took a look at this site in Crome - and it looks ok - The banner graphic is nice and the layout ok - with such a nice banner graphic, it was strange to see your navigation link text look so low quality. You could probably do something more visually interesting with those to match your cool banner.

In Internet Explorer (I used 8.0 and 6.0) - your navigation doesn't look good - it runs down the left hand side of the screen instead of horizontally over your banner image which creates other problems with your layout.

Your graphics images look nice - I'm assuming you worked on them all, but there isn't much description of what and why there - did you really work on the Harry Potter movies, or is this just a cool photoshop experiment?

Hope that helps.

Member #
    Thanks for the comment. Im not too sure what you mean. You think I should make the navigation images or? And of course not. . . Ill actually be getting rid of some of the Harry Potter stuff. I was just experimenting and manipulating some of the photos.

Member #
    The harry potter stuff is fine - why not include a before and after shot, if the purpose is to show off your Photoshop skills.

As for the navigation.. I mean put something together that matches the quality of your banner - and that which works across all the popular browsers..

http://www.zinaz.nl/ - is a good example

http://lucyblackmore.co.uk/ is another where the navigation blends into the design.

Member #
    Ok, I understand what you mean. Yea, I will put some descriptions and names for the graphics section. Also does the lightbox for IE work for you or no?

You think using navigation links as images ? Im thinking of using a different font and having a glow.

Member #
    The light box works ok in IE - though your"click to close' link suddenly disappeared- I found it just off the bottom of my browser window and I have my resolution set to 1280 * 1024.

As for your navigation - I guess you could use images - or some simple CSS to alter the background color and borders. I'd also put it at the bottom edge of your banner graphic just above your main content area and not in the middle covering up your cool graphic.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Where is your site? I see only registration form.

Member #
    It should work now, for some reason the database crashed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hey.
    the "search" text at the top is somewhat out of line in IE7.
    Works fine in FF though.
    Love the color scheme/layout, but like the guy above me not to crazy about the text links.Your banner graphic looks awesome..but the text links dont compliment it well. They also dont quite flow in my opinion. (Edit: In FF they look fine, in IE7 theyre not on the same line)
    Just a few suggestions.
    Keep it up..looks great.

Member #
    How do you mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads