Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well all, this group asked me to look into redesigning their site. remove the index.html to see the original. I'm using their current literature for a baseline but something just seems a bit off, but I cant quite put my finger on it..
    Any thoughts appreciated..

Member #
    The content section doesn't line up in Firefox. In MSIE, the nav (Get Started) wraps below the other nav.

The nav gradients make it look a little dated.

Text is set too wide, with insufficient white space. There aren't helpful or benefit subheads to break up large sections of text to help scanning readers. This makes it more likely the reader will leave. Next>> is nonstandard usage which seems designed more to cope with the lack of headlines and subheads than anything else. The headline doesn't seem particularly effective.

There really is not much difference between the new version over the old one. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

Member #
    I'm using the Chrome browser and your main section under the banner is out of line with the rest of the content.

I also have to agree with DC856 above - there isn't much difference with your design and the site as it is now. As it is now, the old site is fine - If you are re-designing the site, then re-imagine it completely. Take a look at other sites like this, get inspired and then take a fresh look at it.

Member #
    Thank you both for the input! I'll take a look around for some inspirtation/ideas.
    -Dan

jj1
    Member #
    I think your new site is somewhat better than the old site although the main content and navigation menu items are a pixel or two wider than the masthead and footer and it would probably look better to be centred on the screen. I would probably use a heading or two to bring out what the service does (ie hormone modulation therapy) and its benefits rather than the company name (Renami doesn't tempt me to read further).

Member #
    It should be centered.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads