Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

Just wondering what you think of this site:

Frank Gresham Ltd - Timber supplies in Sheffield, Hull and Brough

Thanks

Member #
    The site is confusing. And I'm not thrilled with the neon green.

It seems like you're selling raw timber. The navigation is location-based, not product based. Product photos are scarce, yet you go out of your way to show a forest, further underling you sell raw timber. In all I don't understand the purpose of the site.

What should be the navigation: Quality Mouldings, Skirting & Architraves, Joinery Softwoods, etc... isn't clickable and is not shown.

Whatever you think you're trying to accomplish with this site, I think you'll be disappointed. Sweet nothings like quality product and excellent service are generic kneejerk filler which sounds like the writer wanted to get a distasteful chore finished.

How about picture of stuff to buy. How about explaining the standards and policy making your service "excellent." How about figuring out what the visiting user expects to see?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the feedback but..

The company do sell raw timber, thats their main trade but they also supply processed timber products to the general public. so you did get the right impression

The site is to give the company a web presence rather than be an online catalogue of all their products. lots of pictures of planks of wood would bore people to death.

The main breif of the site was to get the information across about their environmental commitment and that they have 3 bases which I think the site does well.

Which neon green do yuo mean? the one in the logo at the bottom or in the fade in the menu?

I have no control of the colour scheme for the bottom logo as its a recognised trade association logo.

Member #
    The menu. I'm not much for "online presence" which has no objectives, but good luck with that.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think, it's a good site without any evident tribbles. Good work!

Remove Ads