Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Creating a site for a possible client, I know you're thinkin slow down, but it doesn't hurt to get off to a flyer. I would be gratefull if you guys could have a look and tell me what you think. Index page only created but would appreciate any criticism ( constructive please lol).
    http://web-design-glasgow.110mb.com/SORN/index.html

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Nice looking site, but imo it doesn't focus enough on images of the property itself, which is very important considering the focus of the site. Also, if you're going to try to sell it to them, you should target their ego. Put a huge picture of the castle in there. This could be a good interior / 2nd-level template. Now make a hoomepage template based on it, with a big pic of the castle.

Member #
    In evil IE6 the content is about half way down the page, so there is a huge blank space in the left content. When I resize the text in Firefox and IE7, your footer text ends up in the middle of and overlapping the main content. The site itself is very pretty, although I would probably use just a bit darker grey for the text where you have the placeholder text on the left. Overall, though, very nice!
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Thanx for checking that out so fast. The comments made were spot on and were pretty close to what i was already thinking
    The browser issues can be sorted out...in time.....probably. Lol hate browsers.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Another comment... you have a chunk of text in there (first paragraph) that is not applicable to the castle... it's some generic biz copy. I think you're better off just putting Lipsum in there, though even better would be to show off your copy writing skills and put together a little paragraph about the castle.

Remove Ads