Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have been working on and off on this website. It's basically just to share with family to show how my immediate family is doing on our racing. We race cars in the summer (me, dad, 2 brothers). I'm happy with the layout but there is one thing bothering me about it and one other thing that I would fix if possible too.

Some background on how I made it: I use adobe dreamweaver CS3 because I like designing more based on pictures than on coding. I do know some HTML but I'm no expert and I'm not able to solve all my problems because of this.

First off, using IE it looks perfect, it's just how I want it to look. But using firefox, I get this 1 pixel space in between the top red horizontal picture and the main banner picture. I would like to figure out how to get rid of this. Since it looks right in IE I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it, but that's part of the reason why I'm asking, I just don't know.

The other small problem that I can live with but I'm asking just in case someone will know is this: next to the main banner picture I have the navigation text (home, links, about, etc.). They are hard to evenly space, I'm not sure of the best way to do this, and I did the best I could with dreamweaver but there are still a little off. I know I could make the text into images but I want to keep using text just because I don't think the pictures would look as crisp as have text there.

Anyways, please take a look and any other suggestions/criticism is more than welcome. Thanks!

Member #
    Anyone?

Member #
    it's off to a pretty decent start. but you're going to have to finish it before you can get a lot of constructive feedback.

The layout is ok, the banner image is good. I'd certainly take a look again once you have it finished. I'd have the main navigation links background color change as you hover over them. Not much else to offer right now..

Member #
    I don't see any difference between FF and IE7? Is it something trying to jump out and bite my nose off and I just don't see it?
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Personal opinion: I think it would look much cleaner/sharper without the shadows around your boxes.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    I was able to fix both of my problems, so everything should be right now. I'll be adding some content within a few days.

Thanks for the replies.

Remove Ads