Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

www.MakeEmStraight.com Site for Orthodontist Scott C Schwartz

Please give me your review for this site. All critiques good or bad are appreciated.

Thanks ahead,
    Line
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    The toothbrush cursor is extremely annoying. The animations are cute, if a little distracting...but they advertise the dentist's specialty, so are an exception to the rule. The only really bad thing is that, because it is an entirely Flash site, text is not resizable. I will say, this is one Flash site that I really like, because Flash was used to enhance the purpose, not just because it's cool or pretty.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    What do you find annoying about the toothbrush?

Thanks for the other comments I hear ya about text resizing, but I hope I made the text legible.
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    What do you find annoying about the toothbrush?

Thanks for the other comments I hear ya about text resizing, but I hope I made the text legible.
    Text is legible for users with good eyesight....not for users with poor eyesight (You'll see me comment about this in a lot of posts, first, accessiblity for all should be important in all websites, and second, it is a personal issue as I have two family members with poor eyesight, and one of them is legally blind and uses a screen reader and screen readers read html, not flash).Toothbrush is huge....and huge, kind of overpowering.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Ahhh...here we go. jyuill, I am legally blind and I found the text hard to read, so thanks for bringing that up. The typeface of the text isn't too bad but the line spacing is too small. Makes it kind of blur into one. I would really be changing that curser as well. Very annoying. If you made it normal size the toothbrush would be fine.
    Nice site, but beware of 100% flash websites - accessbility can be a problem. But a good design.

Member #
    Thanks all. I made the tooth brush smaller, and the text in about us larger.

Thanks again

Line

Member #
    This is off target for branding. You pitch braces for adults in copy and Nickelodeon in style.

Adults are put off by this. Kids don't shop for dentists.

The site isn't positioned well for the product being talked about. Branding is not whatever the client says. Nor is it any whim a designer may have. Branding happens in the minds of a target audience, and this isn't taking that audience into account. This causes "brand dissonance," where there is a message-to-market mismatch.

Member #
    Well, I think the the main target is kids, but they offer it to adults as well. I guess the orthodontist will let me know if potential clients say it's bad and maybe it'll be changed. But there's no way to know if they're put off by it till someone says something.

If you think the branding isn't good. What would you do to make it better?

-Line

Remove Ads