Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please let me know about the look and feel of the website and especially guide me where to put the Google ads, if you feel i haven't used them good enough.

Thanks

Member #
    Pros - The site looks good. The colors blend well and I feel you placed the google ads in a great spot.

Cons - The top banner Is a little hard to read. Might want to darken the White text.

Member #
    Like above the google ads is not a bad start at all. Depending on your code skills I would suggest having a ad placed every 3rd or 4th main content block. This will help with having users either focus more on the ads or even might click on them even if it was not on purpose heh.

You could always add another under the navigation or a small button one above it.

But you do not want to over saturate the site with ads either. Some people frown on that and will not go back to the site due to having to many ads. When your first starting out its smart business to go light on the ads until you have a strong community built. This way you do not push away the people that are interested in the site but may be overwhelmed by the ads.

All and all the google ads part of it works and should probably stay like it is.

The design aspect of it needs a bit of work but if your not a full blown professional that has been in the industry for years then I will say its not bad at all.

Like stated above the banner could probably use some rework to it. Along with the side bar headers. You need to erase the outer lines on the right and left of the curve.

I would maybe bring down the opacity on the outer stroke for each one of your content boxes. You do not want it to be more bold and darker than the rest of the content. A even flow of color and gradients is the best approach.

The main content header fonts I would change. On my resolution they look a bit jagged. You may want to just stick with web standard fonts so it will be cross browser friendly. Plus it will make it look much more professional.

You have a good start going here just need to do some revisions. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Best regards,

Jake Guthrie,
    detsynergy

Member #
    Thanks for the deep look, i will be back with some changes in a week or two.

Thank you very much for your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I look forward to your revisions.If I do not reply to your new post or to this one please send me a PM letting me know. I am always interested in following other peoples sites and designs.

Take care,

Jake Guthrie

Remove Ads