Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

We just did a complete overhaul to our old website and would love some feedback from fellow designers in the industry. Yes our site is for my web design and marketing company. The new design I feel is much cleaner and upholds a more professional touch over our last one.

We look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you,

Jake Guthrie

http://detsynergy.com

Member #
    Your site looks good ,having enough content for visitors

web design chennai
    SEO services chennai
    web development india

Member #
    overall its good, but i will like the four pics in the boxes to be without shadow/reflection.

Member #
    Thank you guys both for the great feedback. As for the boxes that was mentioned if anyone else agrees then we will consider changing them out. We have other people say we loved them.

Not that I do not agree with you muhammadusman but I want to make sure it's a majority vote on that aspect of it.

Again thank you so far for the feedback and I look forward to more from the community.

Best Regards,

Jake Guthrie

Member #
    I gotta say, this is the best site i have ever reviewed and one of the best deisngs I think I've come accross in ages. Really well done on all aspects (content, accesbiility, graphics, layout, code ect).
    Just want to mention that you have used some inline CSS. While this is not 'wrong' it is better to have it in an external stylesheet. And you have used <strong></strong> which I don't think is allowed in xhtml. Use font-weight: bold; in your CSS instead.

BTW I like the shadow/relfection on the boxes. I think they really add to the site and I would be disappointed if you were to take them away. I'm not sure if it is hard to do that in a graphics program like Photoshop but it looks like it's advanced graphics. (which means you can impress your visittors)

Well done! Full marks from me!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by detsynergy
    Hello,

We just did a complete overhaul to our old website and would love some feedback from fellow designers in the industry. Yes our site is for my web design and marketing company. The new design I feel is much cleaner and upholds a more professional touch over our last one.

We look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you,

Jake Guthrie

http://detsynergy.com
    The shadows on the boxes are a little too dark, making them look opaque. I like the reflections. Just think the shadows, if you keep them, need to be a little more realistic looking. Overall, very pleasant experience, a great design!
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    More about the shadows...maybe a little taller, and do like you (probably) did with the reflection, maybe add a transparent to white gradient so it fades out as the top of the box is farther away than the bottom?
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Hello,

First of all thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions.

Just want to mention that you have used some inline CSS. While this is not 'wrong' it is better to have it in an external stylesheet. And you have used <strong></strong> which I don't think is allowed in xhtml. Use font-weight: bold; in your CSS instead.
    Thanks for pointing this out ill have a look at it and fix it this week.

I'm not sure if it is hard to do that in a graphics program like Photoshop but it looks like it's advanced graphics. (which means you can impress your visittors)
    With years of experience, training and the love of it you learn to do things easier and faster than what it may seem. My partner thinks the same about it impressing visitors.

It seems everyone but 1 likes the shadow/reflection but they need a little touch up. I will go ahead and do what you all suggest and see if I can refine it a bit more. I actually agree they prob would look a bit better if I lowered the opacity a bit more on both the reflection and the drop shadows.

Thank you all very much for taken the time out to review and give your feedback. I am very pleased and thankful for it.

This community seems great surprised I did not find it sooner with how long I been in the industry.

Thank you,

Jake Guthrie
    DetSynergy

Remove Ads