Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I did this for a 4x4 club a couple of weeks ago. Please note i did the design and coding and the content inside the main content area was added by someone ells so don't go judging me on that =P

Thanks thanks! :alien:

Member #
    I really like this site. The design is nice, and it looks good. The colours suit the 4x4 feel, giving the page a 'dirty' look, which really goes with the product/topic of the site.

The only thing I am going to mention is that I've noticed you've used a lot of tables for layout. You should be laying out your site with divs. Tables are for tablatur data, not layout.

Member #
    Thanks, im trying to get the hang of using div's more but i am finding them abit harder 2 work with. Why is it better to use div tags instead of tables?

Member #
    I love using Divs!
    *sighs*
    WOO!
    I hate tables though.
    And it makes me mad that people don't use advanced class selectors when using Divs..
    Erg..
    Makes me mad.

All in all..nice job indeed!

Interested in joining a team of web designers and making some cash?

Let me know and send me a PM or email
    Torchprod@gmail.com

Thanks man, and have a good one

Member #
    Hey there! I absolutely love the colors your used great job. I love the little graphic you have on the bottom of your pages. I think that's a great touch. I think the newsletter is a great idea because it helps with rankings when google can see you update your page frequently.

Some suggestions: The banner up top could use a little work. The logo is really confusing I think you should change it to match the one of the bottom. You want to keep with the same logo design you may confuse people. The home page is a little too much. Too much writing for someone to write. You have to give people the option of reading something if they want to. For instance: The our mission, code of conduct, etc should be in an About Us Page. And those should be different pages. The home page should just be a little blerb about what you do or what you're about. Maybe do a contact form on the contact us page to make it easier for people to contact you. Also when you go to Gallery and click on one it opens up another page. I know it's said you want to keep the client/customer/viewer on the page, however people can and will get annoyed with that happens because new pages are popping up all over the place and they might end up leaving. You want customers to leave when they want.

Just some suggestions Take them or leave them!

Member #
    The thing with the gallery poping up lots of new windows is not my doing and i agree that is can get a bit frustrating. Thanks for all the input all!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by UNarmed
    Thanks, im trying to get the hang of using div's more but i am finding them abit harder 2 work with. Why is it better to use div tags instead of tables?
    Div tags are actually easier to work with and they are designed for layout. You don't need as much html and css to use divs as you do with tables. And I've heard that divs are better for SEO than tables. You can position and style your divs in a way much better than tables ever could and much easier.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's a good designed site. It's very handly for using.
    I want to make a cool trip!!!

Remove Ads